Transfer Agency Account Manager, Officer
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.1 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.8 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 31,070 worldwide.
With more than 31,070 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. State Street is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from men and women from all ages, including those with a disability and those who identify as LGBTI.
The Shared Services department consists of Regional Centers of Excellence (COE) for Derivatives, Security Valuation and Corporate Actions as well as an Unlisted Unit Trust team and a Custody and Claims team. The COE's are specialist teams that provide an end to end service of the function to client portfolios on our core platforms. These COE teams form part of global COE's which have been established to create efficiencies and provide enhanced service by building high levels of expertise and leveraging global technology. In these teams there are interaction with the global sites as well as Asia Pac sites including Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Hang Zhou. Services are provided to both fund accounting and IMS clients so there is exposure to different technology and recordkeeping platforms. For fund accounting related activity there is limited client interaction, for IMS activity there is external interaction with clients, investment managers and brokers.
Shared Services is a dynamic environment due to the number of different services provided as well as the different teams and sites the departments interacts with. It is a continuously growing team that requires team members to display strong teamwork, initiative, and excellent client service and communication skills.
As an Account Manager in Unit Registry, you will be responsible for the overall management and motivation of your team to meet daily operational needs. You will lead an engaged workforce by example and be able to leverage individual strengths and identify development opportunities. Innovative thinking is critical to successfully plan and execute various projects, improve efficiency and reduce risk within your team. You will effectively embrace change and influence those in your team to have a similar mindset.
In addition to this, you are required to manage staff development and rotation, successfully manage relationships with internal/external clients and execute departmental strategies. There is a degree of accountability in this role that requires a focus on employees, strategy and cost.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a vision as well as motivating and persuading others to acquire that vision. Ability to influence employees in order to execute organisational change. Foster an environment that encourages the employees in the organisation to follow their own ideas. Ensuring reward and incentive system are in place for encouraging productive and quality employees to show stronger performance for the organization. Inventiveness, perception, and planning to assist teams and individuals in realising objectives and goals.
- Increasing operational efficiency, developing and implementing best practice on processes; including the elimination of non-value-added tasks. Focus on current servicing levels and delivering beyond client expectations as well as preparation of external client reporting.
- Promoting and supporting change within Operations and pro-actively contributing to decisions and initiatives as well as participating in business planning and goal setting. Actively contributing and driving employee engagement and implementation of various initiatives within the State Street Global Information Technology and Operations Transformation program.
- Maintaining strong client relationships with existing clients, establishing strong client relationships with new clients and facilitating actions to improve service quality. Management and co-ordination of multiple internal business units in relation to Client changes and issues. Participating in actioning results of client surveys to ensure overall client service excellence. Engaging with client relationship managers on new process implementation, issue resolution and change management.
- Creating an environment that motivates rewards and supports employees. Effectively communicating team strategies and core objectives and engaging employees in driving excellence. Actively involved in talent development including development plans, training, performance management, performance reviews and succession planning. Conducting 1on1s, management meetings and fostering a high morale working environment for employees.
Risk and Compliance:
- Assessing and monitoring operational risk as well as identifying and applying actions where appropriate to address any risk concerns. Ensuring full adherence and implementation of the corporate Risk Policy, Standard Operating Procedures, relevant legislation and regulatory requirements. Analysis of management reporting - including key performance and risk indicators.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
Our Business needs you to help drive our APAC strategy forward and successfully achieve our corporate goals. Your ability to lead, motivate and inspire others to achieve these goals coupled with your dedication to contributing to team success will see you excel in this role.
You will possess a high level of professional maturity and be able to communicate with clients, managers and peers as well as demonstrated stakeholder management experience.
Previous financial services experience and market knowledge are essential and your related degree qualifications or business studies will be highly desired.