- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- Befristete Anstellung, Vollzeit
- TEK systems
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- 13 Dez 18
- Work in an exciting team supporting a complex infrastructure project
- Long term contract with immediate start
- Macquarie Park location
Our client is a global IT vendor and one of the biggest names in the market. They are looking for a Unix Engineer to join the Data Centre Transition and Transformation team and assist with supporting multiple projects at various stages of the project life cycle.
There is an immediate start and this contract will go till the end of June 2019 with a view to extend. The team has been established over the last 5+ years and have grown the Data Centre team quite significantly in the past 12 months.
As the Unix Engineer, you will ideally have knowledge and experience with Data Centres and specifically around Data Centre migration and consolidation projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Uses requirement specification produced by the Migration Architect, Migration Components from the Migration Services Factory library and other foundational materials to produce a detailed migration plan (DMP) in a technical specialty for a single client engagement. (e.g. Windows on VMware, Solaris, Synchronous SAN replication).
- Maximises use of existing migration strategy components developed by the Migration Services Factory and ensures capture of all improvement opportunities.
- Develop new migration strategies as required by the Migration Architect within their technical specialty where no current standard exists.
- Works with Design Engineers in other specialties to ensure end-to-end design interlock.
- Ensures detailed designs clearly articulate assumptions, risk and client impact.
- Ensures all designs are peer reviewed, following Quality Management System.
- Ensures designs are costed according to budget principals from Migration Architect.
- Accountable to Migration Architect for fit-for-purpose design.
- Assist Migration Architect in passing migration designs through governance review gates.
- May participate in execution of DMP as part of migration.
- Lead technical escalations within a technical subject matter area.
- May lead technical resources during migration.
- Works with delivery organisation to facilitate Production Handover Process.
- Directly supports client engagement Project Manager to achieve DCT Program goals.
- Participates in post implementation migration strategy technical review.
To be suitable you will have:
- Experience developing detailed technical solutions within a specific discipline for a heterogeneous data centre infrastructure within a quality management framework.
- Experience with infrastructure and/or application relocation projects.
- Experience with data centre enterprise infrastructure technologies including one or more of: Mainframe, Unix, Wintel, VMware, leveraged storage, leveraged Backup, Storage virtualisation and replication and LAN/WAN technologies.
- Experience in technical Pre Sales solutions design.
- Experience in the production of technical solution design documentation.
- Motivated self-starter able to contribute both as an individual performer and team member.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence peers, cross-functional partners, and management.
- Solid technical aptitude, mentoring, and customer facing skills.
- Understand, utilise and share knowledge of ITIL.
- Apply technology best practices and enterprise standards.
- Demonstrated ability to gain the utmost level of trust and confidence from clients.
- Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems.
For more information you can call Connor May in our Sydney office on 02 9087 6292 quoting job number 510441 or alternatively, apply here to register your interes