VFX Content production Solution Architect
Amazon is continuously striving to be the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS has helped over one million customers in over 190 countries, including several large Media & Entertainment enterprises such as The Walt Disney Company, Netflix, Fox, Discovery and the NFL, deliver the next generation media applications for content production, machine learning, supply chains, archives, streaming media, and broadcast. Behind this success is exceptionally talented and bright innovators who work hard, have fun, and make history.
As a VFX Content Production Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will design and help implement the content production/post production solutions for the Australia based studios in the Media industry using AWS native services as well as partner/ISV vendor solutions. You are a technical thought leader who deeply understands the existing solutions space and industry challenges for Content Production pipelines and Studios workloads (from on-set production, post production, supply chains/archive, finishing/packaging and delivery). You will find and implement creative solutions using any combination of AWS Infrastructure (EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFront), AWS Media Services (AWS Elemental services), AWS Thinkbox, Amazon Nimble Studio, Amazon Partner Network technology, and open source technology.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with the ability to develop and communicate strategies regarding the M&E industry and technical barriers to cloud adoption. A passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers is an absolute requirement for this position.
Roles And Responsibilities
• Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
• Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform.
• Exhibit Thought Leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Media/Content production solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent.
• Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to builder considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge pertaining to Content production technologies among the AWS solutions architecture community.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
• Be able to develop proof-of-concepts for Content production pipelines
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ year's design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
• Technical degree required
• Experience and understanding of the Content Production, Post Production, Production Supply Chain, Production Archives and asset management systems as well as packaging and distribution of content.
• Understanding of the Pre-Production, Production, Post Production Technologies and vendor/ISV network
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree preferred
• Hands-on experience running Content Production pipelines (Film/Feature Production)
• Posthouse tools/applications such as, Production Archives, VFX/Animation pipeline, Collaboration tools
• Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity