Security System Specialist
- Brüssel, Region Brüssel-Hauptstadt, Belgien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Degroof Petercam
- 18 Okt 18
Security System Specialist
Would you like to make direct impact in your role in an organization with a big focus on human contact? This newly created function could be of interest!
Your position: The Security Specialist will be responsible for the designs and implements controls necessary to ensure and protect information system assets.
As Security Specialist you will:
- Development of information security standards, procedures and other documentation (e.g. guidelines, baselines, codes of conduct) that support Information Security Policies.
- Work with key IT managers, data custodians and governance teams in the development of such documents and processes.
- Oversee the dissemination of standards and procedures to the IT staff.
- Provides security input for projects.
- Able to develop and deliver Security Awareness education and training for IT employees.
- Recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and performs vulnerability testing.
- Keep abreast of latest security alerts and vulnerabilities Perform monthly reporting for the IT Security Officer
- Perform punctual audits on active IT components
- Must be able to interact and work with internal or external auditors
- Responds directly to the IT Security Officer
- Professional experience in information security (5+ years)
- Knowledge of Information Security frameworks
- Experience in security technology and processes Metrics definition and Dashboard
- Knowledge of Data Protection laws
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude.
- Excellent English writing skills and good verbal communication skills (English, Dutch and French)
- Able to adapt his communication to the stakeholders (Management, Technical, Users)
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Ability to produce structured and concise documents.
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance in personal organization.
- Accurate & control minded, but flexible.
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel & PowerPoint
- Frameworks ISO27001/2, CIS top 20, NIST Cybersecurity
- Able to understand and analyze Security related reports/incidents coming from multiple sources (OS, Firewalls, Anti-virus, IDS, …)
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning (Nessus)
- Experience in working with a SIEM SOC (nice to have)
- GDPR (nice to have)
- JIRA & Confluence (nice to have)
We believe that it is not the size of a company that makes it great, but its human values and people. We will make every effort to support you and to create an environment in which you can feel comfortable and achieve your highest level of excellence.
We are behind those who have the ambition to move forward: investors, entrepreneurs, and our staff. This entrepreneurial spirit has been driving us since 1871. You will be proud of our long-term and sustainable commitment, our customer focus and ethics.