Teamlead interest rate risk in the banking books
- Brüssel, Region Brüssel-Hauptstadt, Belgien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Mär 19
Teamlead interest rate risk in the banking books
Teamlead Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Books
ING Be contract, Fulltime, Brussels
Your role & work environment
As Head of the interest risk in the banking books, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the interest risk management of the bank.
You are a subject matter expert in the area of interest rate risk and risk metrics based on model parameters. You ensure that the activities you are responsible for will support the business and monitor overall risk appetite.
You inspire and motivate the teams and you are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests, complex and unforeseen challenges, as well as to constructively cooperate with your peers in building a sustainable, effective and efficient working environment.
You are a mature banker with a broad understanding of Risk and a sound experience in balance sheet risk management. You possess an excellent command of English, being able to demonstrate stakeholders management, negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
- You will report to the Head of Financial Risk. You will be hierarchically responsible for a team of 5 people.
Your key responsibilities
As the team lead of the Interest Rate Risk team, you are responsible to deliver proactive management of all interest rate risk exposures in the banking books of ING Belux. This includes:
- Further developing the IRRBB Management within the Belux region, by continuously monitoring and closing the gaps with the Group IRRBB policies
- Detecting and understanding the market risks that are present in existing and new products that are sold in the bank's Retail and Commercial Banking network
- Making sure that these risks are adequately centralised in the Group Treasury books and that remaining positions are in line with the risk appetite set by the Board of the bank
- Providing in depth analysis of assigned risks and discussing with colleagues from the commercial network and Group Treasury
- Working closely with Front Office and other stakeholders to support the business.
- Maintaining regular contact with the regulator (NBB and ECB) in the changing regulatory ALM environment
- Closely cooperating with ING Group on all IRRBB related items
- Being able to provide general support on Balance Sheet Risk to risk managers in their specialist area.
- Closely following up the evolutions in the various Balance Sheet Risk models that are developed at Group level, such as the replication models for mortgages and savings, and the economic capital for Client Behaviour Risk and Convexity.
- Assisting in various working groups to further dive into specific topics such as Convexity in savings, IRRBB Quality Assurance Board, Model Steering Committee.
- Preparing and participating to the Alco Belux meeting on IRRBB related topics.
You will also have people and team management responsibilities:
- People Management with a focus on recruiting, coaching, development and performance management;
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a team lead for the interest rate in the Banking Books you will also need:
- Academic / PHD level education
- 3 years of experience in the balance sheet management domain
- Experience with change programs; you are able to manage continuous change (business and regulatory)
- Decisiveness and resilience; you are able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner, focusing on results
- Changeability, flexibility and adaptability; you are able to act swiftly in changing situations and thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Ability to understand different client segments, market players & market dynamics
- Ability to communicate on complex and technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences in a simple way (including board level or regulator)
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills; you are able to breakdown complex projects and issues in manageable pieces and you are able to solve them, by involving the appropriate parties
- Autonomy and collaboration
- Stakeholder management skills
- People management skills; you are able to coach people, you give and ask for feedback
- Fluency in Dutch, French & English
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!