Business Analysis, AVP
Who we are looking for
Business System Data Analyst works for the Finance Treasury Data Repository. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is the FTDR team of State Street Finance & GHR Tech. State Street developed and implemented the FTDR platform to provide a comprehensive source of normalized treasury data (e.g., transactional data, general ledger data, etc.) for reporting and decision-making purposes.
.Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business System Data Analyst you will
What we value
- Identify, integrate and manage required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for complex issues and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Oversee the entire project life cycle of detailed project plans using an AGILE methodology with due diligence and analysis
- Develop subject matter expertise on data structures and data flows in and out of the Finance Treasury Data Repository
- Perform in-depth data analysis including building data-models and prototypes to understand complex customer requests
- Master an understanding of the end-to-end application framework with a focus on customer needs and key business drivers
- Interface directly with clients and project team members to understand the needs and objectives of the business
- Experience in designing and working on large and complex enterprise data warehouse systems. Define and document system interface requirements for enterprise financial systems. Independently compile, analyze and interpret information related to complex business system processing
- Create test cases for system testing to ensure the system processes meets all functional specification and requirements to ensure high quality delivery
- Experience/understanding of business process re-engineering, data management and governance processes, data flows and relationships and maintain high quality data standards
- Hands on experience building and designing SQL queries, proficiency with business Intelligence tools, building reports and dashboards to prototype data requirements
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience as a business system/data/reporting analyst in a dynamic business environment with demonstrated analytical database, reporting experience
- Self-motivated, well-rounded, analytical self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, Agile team environment with aggressive deadlines, regular releases and multiple priorities
- Sound understanding of industry best practices/ methodologies; experience with relational structures, structured query language (SQL), data warehouse and reporting techniques
- Experience with business intelligence tools and data visualization concepts (i.e. Spotfire,Cisco Information Server, Cognos or similar)
- Dimensional data modeling and understanding of OLAP
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to gather, synthesize, and organize data to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business and systems personnel
- Familiarity with Finance and Treasury products
Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in or higher in Finance, MIS, Computer Science or related required, Master is a plus
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written), CET6 is preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers