Business Controls, Off
Who we are looking for:
Reporting to the local Business Risk Management APAC Manager, this role has responsibility for managing tasks and initiatives associated with First Line of Defense functions, risk identification, control testing and driving local coordination for global and regional initiatives.
Business Risk Management APAC team members must demonstrate solid knowledge of controls, process engineering or business architecture experience in order to ensure best practices and consistency are adopted across APAC. Operational expertise would also be advantageous. Strong communication and relationship management skills are also desirable to build a true partnership between Business Risk Management APAC Office, Compliance, Risk Management and business groups. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Business Risk Management, Officer you will:
- Execution of risk-based assurance reviews over First Line control execution and validate the sufficiency of internal controls in place through testing and self-identifying compliance issues.
- Be part of a central group of Business Risk Managers to review, validate, enrich and manage the closure of Operational Incidents captured in the ICAMS system
- Provide support for the preparation, coordination, administration and reporting of the Integrated Non-Financial Risk Assessment (INFRA) workshops across the region. Maintaining documentation in Archer platform and facilitating control validation/certification on an annual basis.
- Developing Archer knowledge and expertise to become regional SME's in Archer functionality across INFRA, controls and issues.
- Perform process and control walkthrough reviews. Establish, implement, and document associated risks and mitigating controls and stand up the regional controls testing program with the local business teams.
- Interact with various teams within the region including business groups, support functions, Compliance and Risk Management.
- Produce, analyze and distribute Business Risk Management APAC associated reporting to local management and contribute to regional reporting.
- Periodically communicate and share Business Risk Management APAC related information and updates across business groups.
- Under limited supervision, contribute to a wide variety of initiatives as a dependable and flexible resource.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Embraces State Street's "corporate values" and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner at all levels of staff and management
- Ability to quickly and effectively absorb new concepts and business knowledge
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Possesses a control mindset and focus on risk excellence
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with staff at all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business and other internal groups
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as be an effective team player and collaborator
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and has proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and create a unified vision
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (desired but not mandatory) and/or 5+ years' experience in the finance industry
- Demonstrated market knowledge and understanding of operational processes, risks and controls
- Previous experience in a controls environment from a first, second or third line of defense perspective while not mandatory, will be highly regarded.
- Project management skills
- Strong PowerPoint, excel, access database, designing templates, flow diagrams, etc.
- Previous experience in reviewing and implementing initiatives, policies and procedures desirable
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers