- Peking, Beijing, China
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit
- 09 Dez 18
COSULTING PRINCIPAL - OIL MARKETS, MIDSTREAM AND DOWNSTREAM CONSULTING
The Consulting Principal's primary responsibility is to convert his or her experience, knowledge, insights, and analysis into sustainable, profitable IHS Markit services. Marketing IHS Markit and themselves as experts with professionalism is essential to this role. Consultants should also endeavor to build and nourish relationships with key industry contacts that utilize or could benefit from IHS Markit services.
Consultants sell, execute and deliver consulting engagements and, as such, play an integral role in every aspect of the client relationship. This includes advising, marketing, product development, client support, billing, and collection.
This position has various and increasing requirements dependent on the years of experience and demonstrated capabilities.
- Maintain general knowledge of refinery operations, with a solid grasp of refinery economics and planning. Knowledge of Aspen PIMS-LP modeling or equivalent linear programming tools is a plus, but not essential.
- Must be an excellent problem solver with the capability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Support execution of project proposals requested by clients. Capable of independent work to support project delivery.
- Possess and demonstrate clear communications skills and analytical creativity to determine and develop deliverables that best serves client needs and budget.
- Expected to have excellent analytical skills to support requirements of projects he/she leads or supports. Be an expert in building and using analytical models to satisfy unique project requests.
- Maintain a fundamental working knowledge of the basic IHS Markit databases and tools.
- Prepare written reports or presentations following IHS Markit standards. Be capable of summarizing project information for clear presentation of results and conclusions to clients. Interface with client, if necessary, in the presentation of the final deliverables.
- Support commercial and technology assessments. Understand, use, improve and develop competitive assessment tools and economic modeling tools. Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHS Markit's clients and/or potential clients. Execute or support execution of projects using these tools and other unique analytical approaches.
- Support maintenance and improvement of financial and economic models and support transaction analysis. Develop and improve cash flow models used for financial analysis. Use financial and economic models to support valuation analysis.
- Possess a deep understanding of past, present, and future of the crude oil and refined product markets with the capability to translate these insights to actionable solutions on the behalf of our clients.
- Expert Aspen PIMS-LP knowledge that will help advance our PIMS modeling efforts and PIMS-related commercial activities.
- Execute single-client proposals requested by clients. Be able to sell and negotiate closure of proposals.
- Project management responsibilities require that the consultant manage the analysis and report generation required to satisfy single-client projects. Consultant may be required to direct analysis and reports from other service groups within IHS Markit and/or to complete analysis and reports based on work of other IHS Markit consultants.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the basic IHS Markit databases and tools. Be able to manipulate models or extract information from models to satisfy unique single-client requests.
- Market IHS Markit products and services via direct and indirect client contact.
- Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHS Markit's clients and/or potential clients.
- Support and expand engagements into larger strategic advisory roles for IHS Markit.
- Be able to summarize report into presentation format and deliver presentation to client.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills (in both Mandarin Chinese and English) and analytical creativity to determine deliverables that best serves client needs and budget.
- Ability to stay abreast of the full range of products and services offered by IHS Markit.
- Ability to interface with client and speak in public in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Ability to think through questions and/or problems and independently provide solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree, chemical engineering preferred. 7-15 years of industry experience.
- Direct refinery employment history or with a refinery process technology provider is essential. Employment history with an oil analytics consultancy or multinational oil company is a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Personable interface at multiple levels within a client's organization.
- Ability to navigate in a complex organization at multi levels to efficiently utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
- Communicating internationally with consultants in other world regions in multiple time zones effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel (including international travel).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.