Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
The Global Technology Services (GTS) DevOps group combines people, processes, and products to deliver better value, faster with less risk throughout the wholesale application estate. The group includes engineering, technical services, project management and data metric functions to support the adoption of DevOps.
This role is for our core technology team. Engineers in this group are responsible for defining the application execution platform for Global Wholesale Technology. They are also responsible for identifying and integrating the technologies that compose our continuous delivery pipelines. We are looking for a technology enthusiast who enjoys the challenges of multi-dimensional problems and can find solutions that suit a wide variety of scenarios. The ideal candidate should be ready to face off with technologists across the firm to understand their challenges, and use this understanding to contribute to a first-class platform for service delivery.
Key Experience & Skills
1. 7+ years of core Java programming experience;
2. Mastery of the Spring framework/Spring MVC;
4. Practitioner of object-oriented design and development;
5. Familiarity with Java and web testing frameworks (e.g., Junit, Selenium);
6. Knowledge of database development concepts;
7. Familiarity with Maven or Gradle;
8. Strong and confident communicator with good interpersonal skills;
9. Strong problem solving experience in a technical environment;
10. Self-motivated individual, quality and improvement focused
Desired skills, but not required:
1. Ability to set up deployment pipelines in Jenkins or Bamboo;
2. Experience with Git source control;
3. Experience with real-time messaging technologies;
4. Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence, etc.);
5. Experience with container technologies;
6. Experience with cloud platforms;
7. Unix/Windows scripting ability;
8. Familiarity with other programming languages like C++, C#, or Python;
9. Good understanding of finance industry is a plus.
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.