Associate - Transfer Agency Services - Shanghai
- Not Specified
- Shanghai, China Shanghai Shanghai CN
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Global TAS team is made up of 62 people across the globe, The Asia Pacific TAS team is made up of 22 people located in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan & Australia, servicing circa 700 funds, 14,000 client accounts, which generate 83,000 client orders per month.
The APAC TAS Team serves as the central point of contact for our clients, internal departments and external service providers. We provide servicing for our clients investing in our BlackRock off-shore funds domiciled in Luxembourg, Dublin, Cayman and also the on-shore funds in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan. We provide oversight to our external Transfer Agents for account opening, fund dealing, payment, resolving issues and reporting for our clients.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of transfer agency services professionals supporting our clients / transfer agents located in Mainland China.
The person in this role will work closely with our internal stakeholders to onboard clients investing in our fund ranges, participate in new fund launches, conduct service provider oversight ensuring service level agreements are met as well as ongoing active participation in new initiatives across all aspects of fund operations, servicing & compliance.
The successful candidate will work closely with a number of internal teams supporting the business including; Client Business, Global Provider Strategy, Strategic Product Management, Portfolio Management Group, Client Order Management, Aladdin Portfolio Group, Fund Administration and Legal & Compliance.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and their agents for account opening into BlackRock funds.
- Facilitate placement of trade instructions in BlackRock funds with the external transfer agent(s).
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally, answering inquiries and resolving problems from clients as well as internal BlackRock groups.
- Assist Client Business and Business Operations teams to develop client solutions, exploring our service capabilities and continually looking for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved and better service outcomes.
- Responsible for day to day relationship with BlackRock’s Third Party Transfer Agents (TA) in China acting as one of the lead contact for both internal and external parties.
- Identify and challenge non-standard/exception based processes and/or requests, escalating accordingly.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of day to day operational queries, issues and incidents across the entire range of services provided by the TA’s.
- Management of issues and incidents, conducting root cause analysis and ensuring appropriate remedial steps are clearly defined and assigned to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of procedures, processes and controls between BlackRock and its administrators.
- Participate in periodic reviews and updates to the operating model / service level documentation ensuring they reflect optimal working practices.
- Responsibility for monitoring the performance of the service provider:
- Completion of oversight checks on specific activities at the TA to ensure compliance with agreed service levels.
- Monitoring of on-going performance levels and validation against agreed key performance indicators to ensure service standards are maintained and improved.
- Conduct annual due diligence visits on providers issuing formal findings documents as appropriate.
- Seek process improvements opportunities wherever possible, to facilitate take-on of additional activities through the commoditization/ automation of existing activities.
- Participate or manage project work, in owning the organization, communication and timely delivery of relevant project tasks.
- Review and delivery periodic MIS or client reports.
- Cross support TAS team located in other APAC locations.
- 5+ years in investment or funds operations experience, ideally in a transfer agent environment.
- Able to demonstrate a level of technical understanding of China domiciled investment instruments, fund types and products preferred, knowledge on offshore products such as Luxembourg / Dublin SICAVs will be a plus.
- Have an understanding of the relevant regulatory environment.
- Demonstrates a risk focus and an understanding of the importance of identifying potential risks and of reporting risks to line management and other relevant parties.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of customers /providers to BlackRock and ability to work closely with others to meet objectives.
- Prepared to take initiative, work flexibly to help the team achieve its goals, and respond positively to change.
- Ability to identify problems and issues, work proactively with others to resolve them and escalate issues appropriately.
- Takes responsibility for the completion of own work in accordance with agreed procedures and to the highest standards of quality and timeliness.
- Demonstrates team spirit, is prepared to assist colleagues and perform tasks that do not usually fall within his/her responsibilities.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a working relationship with providers, is prepared to escalate issues and communicate with all levels.
- Ensures accurate record keeping of work and files documents in a way so that they are easily retrieved.
- High level of attention to detail; able to manage and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Has an understanding of the Finance industry and with a willingness to learn.
- Fluent in spoken and written English & Chinese, including Putonghua.
- Innovative problem solving capabilities and ability to think and act quickly.
- Ability to use factual based data in decision making process while working under critical deadlines.
- Capacity for working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Highly motivated, demonstrate genuine interests in financial / transfer agency services, an aptitude for problem solving and shows willingness to go the extra mile.
- Organized, disciplined and methodical approach to work and able to manage time well whilst working in a sometimes pressured environment, with the ability to manage and prioritize work of self and others effectively to consistently meet business goals.
- A pr
oactive team-player who understands that a highly organized team can drive better performance and can take the lead in driving through process improvements and change.
- An individual, who processes a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude, which can lead self and others with drive, determination and a willingness to learn and innovate.
- Personable, confident and able to develop strong relationships with both clients and internal partners.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.