Client Service Intern
- Shanghai, China
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 17 Apr 19
MSCI Global Index Client Service is the primary point of contact for clients and users of MSCI Index products and serves as the key link to MSCI's Global Research and Index operations. The team members are responsible for directly responding to a wide variety of methodology, usage and technical questions on MSCI benchmark products. The MSCI Index Client Service team is composed of experienced financial professionals that provide support for our institutional, dominantly financial institutional clients around the world.
The successful candidate will be part of a 24 X 5 team catering to MSCI Clients in the global field of finance and investment with inquiries related to MSCI’s benchmark/index business which include but not limited to (a) data extraction of information at index and constituent levels, (b) providing basic details on index composition, and (c) access/permissioning of data and client support sites.
The successful candidate will also be responsible in (a) ensuring that complex queries are routed to the appropriate global teams whilst keeping Clients updated on the status of the query in a timely fashion and (b) collaborating with other Client Service teams globally to help address ad hoc requests from global Sales teams.
In addition, enhance client relationships through proactive follow up on issues raised by clients; Provide client feedback to the Marketing, Product Management, Research and Data teams.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently in a Bachelor or Master program from a top university
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- A self-starter and highly motivated, ability to work individually and within a team
- Ability to articulate complicated concepts or methodologies verbally and in writing to senior management and clients
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines
- Track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team and knowing when to involve appropriate colleagues in projects regardless of functional, geographic, and business lines
- Ability to develop value-added contributions to both internal and external clients
- Track record of challenging self and others to anticipate future trends and creatively capitalize on opportunities
- Good understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets
- Demonstrated understanding of modern portfolio theory
- Excellent academic tracking record
- CFA is a plus