Localization Coordinator - Shanghai
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In our Global Data department, we're responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective. We then take this perspective and bring data solutions to local markets. We solve for the problems of tomorrow.
What's the role?
You will be joining our Localization team that supports Bloomberg's products for the Non-English speaking market. You will primarily be supporting one of the following 10 Languages: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, German or Russian. As part of our global Localization team, you will be responsible for providing high quality translations such as software localization, marketing materials, company information and financial content, and QA of analytical tools to our local clients. You will work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local market. Join our growing global Localization team that supports Bloomberg sales efforts by providing Localized product support. You need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Native-level fluency in Simplified Chinese, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese, including familiarity with local culture, customs.
- Solid knowledge of the financial markets and advanced concepts to translate and edit financial content
- Translation, editing, proof-reading or equivalent experiences between English and simplified Chinese. Desktop publishing (DTP) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools and terminology management
- Outstanding project management skill
- Motivated and dedicated work ethic; ability to work as part of a team and be a self-starter to work independently, with minimal supervision, and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to lead multiple projects, independently balance tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and closely collaborating with other teams.
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to proactively contribute to improve processes for localization
Does this sound like you?
- Understanding of statistics and data modeling
- Experience of outsourcing/vendor management is a plus
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.