Technology - Email / Messaging Eng (Infrastructure and Security Engineering), Associate, Shanghai
- Shanghai, China
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Okt 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
This position is for a developer on the Unified Communications team. Responsibilities include working with C# and Web technologies. Successful candidate will have proven track record of designing, developing, delivering, managing, and supporting medium to large scale distributed back-end systems or web applications.
Instant Messaging and Collaboration within Morgan Stanley is considered a business critical facility. There are close to 3 million instant messages sent through the firm's infrastructure daily and this includes not just internal communication, but also external client communications as well.
The Collaboration team in the End User Computing space is responsible for various infrastructures within the firm. This involves engineering, application development, and system support/maintenance. These systems include Skype for Business, Microsoft Group Chat, Yahoo Messenger, YellowJacket, Pivot IM Trader, WebEx, Interactive Whiteboards, various Desktop Video products and Social Networking.
- Design and implementation of web applications, desktop applications and/or back-end services,
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements,
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Assists in solving technical and performance problems within the Morgan Stanley infrastructure.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with C#
- Strong fundamental technology skills(OO design, threading)
- Advanced debugging skills
- Experience with web services, APIs, and REST
- Experience with Relational Database and SQL
- Experience with SDLC, Agile, TDD, and various levels of automated testing
- Experience with code versioning tools (Git or Perforce)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Resourceful and able to work independently with little supervision
- Should know but will train: Understanding of Microsoft Communications Technologies (Lync/Skype/Group Chat and related Instant Messaging Technologies)
- Windows Server Administration experience Infrastructure (Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, Microsoft Active Directory)
- Perl or Python programming