Deutsche Bank (DB) benefits from having a highly experienced and dedicated Anti Financial Crime (AFC) function, which performs a crucial role in keeping DBs business operations and global financial services clean from financial crime while serving the interests of the bank and society.
In order to combat financial crime effectively and respond to challenges in a flexible manner, AFC has a matrix structure combining regional, business line and global functional coverage in our core areas of Anti-Money Laundering , Sanctions & Embargoes , Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption , Investigations & Intelligence , Monitoring & Screening, and Risk Assessment . Part of our commitment is to strengthen a strong collaboration with all business lines and support functions within our bank. What AFC will do for you
AFC helps Deutsche Bank generate long-term trust and add value for our clients, staff and society and provide challenging opportunities for you to learn, contribute and benefit from your journey with us. We foster an open and inclusive team culture with the aim to build and maintain a healthy, engaged and well-supported diverse workforce that is equipped to do their best and enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace, whilst applying the highest standards of conduct to guarantee DB's success in fighting financial crime.
Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) is responsible for the prevention of money laundering, the fight against terrorist financing, the monitoring of financial and commercial sanctions, and the fight against other criminal activities.
AFC's goal is to identify risks resulting from financial crimes that could jeopardize Deutsche Bank's integrity and thus its success, to prevent these risks as effectively as possible, or, if they do occur, to investigate and clear them up appropriately in the interest of all parties involved. AFC Modelling
(AFCM) is responsible for managing the money laundering prevention models used in transaction monitoring over the entire lifecycle of the model. The Lead Analytics Analyst
in Tuning & Optimization
(T&O) supports the verification and optimization of the Transaction Monitoring models which are globally used by the bank to detect potential money laundering activities. Your Main Responsibilities
Within the framework of the T&O processes defined by the AFCM Target Operating Model, your tasks will include ensuring proper usage of data within the models and application of statistical techniques to determine suitable parameters and thresholds. You evaluate your optimization and analysis results quantitatively, and document them in detail. In cooperation with the local money laundering officers and central AFC teams, you coordinate and communicate (interim) results. As part of your team lead responsibilities, you will supervise and develop Analytics Analysts within the T&O function and facilitate the organisation of the operational day-to-day business including prioritisation and distribution of tasks to the assigned team members.
Your skills and experience
- Enhancement and optimization of existing transaction monitoring models according to AFCM T&O processes as well as contribution towards further improvement & automation of AFCM T&O processes
- Assessment of data quality, quantitative and qualitative model evaluation including statistical analyses (e.g., frequency distribution) to determine model parameters
- Application of test procedures (e.g., ATL/BTL) to optimize model parameters
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with local and central AFC teams
- Prioritisation and distribution of tasks to the assigned team members
- Functional and disciplinary management as well as development of the assigned team within the Tuning & Optimization framework including performance appraisal interviews
- Active support of function management in recruiting and hiring new employees
- You have very strong analytical skills to quickly understand and implement complex requirements and a degree in (business) mathematics, (business) computer science, data science, information management or statistics or have comparable qualifications and experience
- You already gained relevant experience in transaction monitoring systems such as Mantas, Smaragd, or Actimize or have experience in analytics & data mining as well as statistical analysis (by using e.g., Python, Spark, SAS, SQL, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.), ideally in the financial industry with a focus on financial crime, compliance and/or regulatory topics
- You have excellent communication skills (oral and written, English is a must) and confident appearance showing very high integrity, loyalty, and reliability
- You show a detail-oriented way of working as well as very good decision-making skills and self-reflection
- You have experience in supervising and developing people and you are able to work autonomously as well as in a team
What we will offer you:
Please note that this may vary slightly from location to location.
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Laura-Jasmin Czerwinski.
Contact: Laura-Jasmin Czerwinski, Mobil: +49(0)15116830913
Unsere Werte bestimmen das Arbeitsumfeld, welches wir schaffen möchten - vielfältig, wertschätzend und offen für verschiedene Meinungen. Nur eine Unternehmenskultur, die eine Vielzahl von Perspektiven, sowie kulturellen und gesellschaftlichen Hintergründen vereint, fördert Innovation. Wir setzten auf vielfältige Teams, in welchen die Menschen ihr volles Potential entfalten können - denn das Zusammenführen verschiedener Talente und Ideen spielt eine entscheidende Rolle für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Deutschen Bank.
Unsere Unternehmenskultur setzt hohe ethische Standards und fördert ein gutes Miteinander. Unabhängig von kulturellem Hintergrund, Nationalität, ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, geschlechtlicher und sexueller Identität, körperlichen Fähigkeiten, Religion und Generation freuen wir uns über Bewerbungen talentierter Menschen.
Sprechen Sie uns an: Wir bieten flexible Arbeitszeitmodelle und weitere Zusatzleistungen, um Sie in Ihrem Berufsleben zu unterstützen.
Klicken Sie hier für weitere Informationen zu Vielfalt und Teilhabe in der Deutschen Bank.