We are The Mobile Bank
See Kat talk about her role at N26 About the opportunity
As an Engineering Manager you will lead our Core Banking cross functional group to continuously identify and learn from our deliveries on how to further improve our effectiveness. Forming a leadership team with the group product manager and principal engineer alongside other roles such as agile coach, to bring our products to life. In this role, you will:
What you need to be successful:
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback.
- Work with the product manager and principal engineer to recruit, manage and retain talent.
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Collaborate with the product manager and principal engineer in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations
- Experience building and working in high-performance Agile software development teams (experience writing software ( tech stack here ) is helpful )
- Experience in building processes and organizational structures to support highly effective teams.
- Being passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
What's in it for you:
- Demonstrated project management experience and skills
- Language skills: English professional proficiency (B2-C1 level)
Who we are
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany's #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude , and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
N26 has reimagined banking for today's digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it's how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna. Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.