Miryco Consultants are working with a Global Asset Manager looking to add a Senior Finance Manager to their growing team in Berlin. This role will work closely with colleagues across Europe and in the US. This will be based 3 days a week in Berlin office, 2 at home.
- Review and analyse the quarterly financial statements prepared under German GAAP (entity) and monthly under US GAAP (Group).
- Support the annual external audit process and coordinate the Annual Report production.
- Work jointly with the team on scheduled Bafin/Bundesbank regulatory returns.
- Work with local external tax advisors and external consultants to achieve results as joint effort and build a coherent highly scale-able business.
- Prepare and present Board reports and associated memos.
- Assist with Bafin/Bundesbank/Tax authority on the regulatory/tax queries and reviews.
- Contribute to the financial Forecast/Plan modelling of the entity.
- Provide oversight of the month end accounting close process.
- Develop, run and monitor entity specific processes and controls, and oversee key risk indicators.
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory change and the impact for the German entity in the context of financial control and tax.
- Contribute to the completion of corporate income tax and VAT returns prepared by local advisors.
- Support the compliance with the local Client Money protection regulations.
- Minimum 6 years related work experience in accounting / financial reporting / planing or related consulting environment.
- Also suitable for candidates coming straight from Audit in professional practice firms
- Experience in a regulated financial services firm or their audit/advisory.
- Fluent German and English.
- Excellent communication skills and proactive, autonomous way of working.
- Finance or Accounting graduate degree, Business Administration degree.
- CPA or similar qualification beneficial.
- Direct experience in either German taxes, German GAAP or its audit beneficial.
Salary: €100k - €120k + 35% bonuses
Location: Berlin, Germany
"Please note, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisting for this position. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest suiting to your skills."
For similar opportunities, follow Miryco Consultants on LinkedIn.