Head of Compliance, European Leading Investment and Advisory Firm, Berlin, Germany
Our client, a fast-growing alternatives investment and advisory firm, is currently looking to hire a Head of Compliance to lead the compliance and risk function across their global platform. Working with numerous private equity and venture capital funds across Europe, the firm is paving the way for a new generation of investment services, discovering untapped value in strategic fund management and operational structures.
As the Head of Compliance, you will be tasked with leading the compliance and risk function across the groups' global entities. On a daily basis, you will be working very closely with the groups wider operational team whilst supporting the CEO with strategic value add. As this is a newly created position within the firm, you will immediately be afforded plenty of autonomy to help mould and develop the role.
This is a high profile appointment within the firm and is a fantastic opportunity for a senior compliance professional with experience in working within the investment management or alternatives funds space to really make an impact and become an integral member of a high-performing team. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regulatory compliance and financial crime prevention leadership
- Acting as the MLRO and compliance officer for the firm
- Overseeing GDPR obligations for relevant group entities
- Leading on all necessary investment and advisory compliance
- Implementation of effective policies and procedures across the firm and wider group
- Global compliance monitoring support for the business and the board
- Previous compliance leadership experience within the investment management or alternatives funds space
- Experience working across a global remit would be advantageous
- Previously held MLRO and firm compliance officer responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence
- German language skills would be advantageous