12Tree is a leading impact investment firm and operational expert in agroforestry with a strong focus on sustainability and social impact.
Since 2017 we aim to deliver fair returns to investors and other stakeholders, while creating and protecting forests, restoring degraded landscapes and improving rural livelihoods. In the last 4 years we have been committed to 12 projects in 7 countries across Latin America and Africa.
For this position we are looking for either an Analyst with convincing internships or an Associate with ~2 years of relevant work experience.
For specific information about the role you may contact Paul Lacoste, Head of Investment Management, at 0049-1705364922, or visit our website: www.12tree.de
Please send us your CV and cover letter to apply. The hiring process includes a financial modelling test for selected candidates.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The investment management team takes the lead on the financial structuring and execution of transactions. As an Analyst/Associate you will report to our Head of Investment Management. You will allocate your time between new transactions and our existing portfolio of projects.
New transactions (60%)
- Perform financial modelling in Excel for screening of investment opportunities as well as selected investments.
- Prepare investment memoranda, in cooperation with other departments such as our Technical Team and Legal.
- Lead and/or coordinate Due Diligence work streams with a focus on technical, tax and legal.
- Participate in negotiations and lead preparation of project contracts.
Portfolio monitoring (40%)
- Oversee and coordinate the annual valuation of portfolio projects with external providers.
- Lead ongoing adjustments of business cases, i.e. restructuring and financial remodelling of selected portfolio projects.
- Be instrumental in ad-hoc tasks such as intra-group restructuring, setting up of Joint Ventures, liquidity analysis, creation of monitoring tools, etc.
- Relevant work experience/internships with a focus on financial modelling and transaction execution, gained in M&A, PE or VC.
- Sound financial modelling and accounting skills.
- University/college degree in finance, accounting or other relevant quantitative field (e.g. engineering).
- Fluency in English (spoken and written); German and other language skills (especially Spanish) are a plus.
- Strong communication skills, especially in a decentralized, multicultural setting with remote teams.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Interest in agriculture, forestry and soft commodities.
- Interest in ecological and social investing.
Please send us your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.