Position Overview Details of the role and how it fits into the team
Market & Valuation Risk Management (MVRM) owns the market risk management framework with mandate to identify, analyse, measure, control and manage all market risks within DB, whether in trading book, banking book or off balance sheet and ensuring they are pursuant to the risk appetite of the bank.
The primary objective of MVRM is to ensure that Business units of the Bank optimize the risk-reward relationship and do not expose it to unacceptable losses. This objective drives all of the activities conducted within MVRM and we work closely with risk takers, risk managers and Control and Support groups in the process to ensure these objectives can be met.
The Market Risk Analysis & Control (MRAC) team is responsible for the production of all official market risk metrics on behalf of the Market & Valuation Risk Management division.
The position is based in Berlin and the candidate will work with Deutsche Bank colleagues globally and with colleagues in other risk teams locally in Berlin. Your key responsibilities
- Lead functionally the Treasury, CB and PB Business Aligned MRAC teams globally, organizing the book of work and driving the strategy of the MRM teams
- Help MRMs further improve the Market Risk Management framework, providing subject-matter expertise on data models (e.g. VaR, Economic Capital, FRTB methodology, risk sensitivities and portfolio stress testing) in collaboration with teams across Market Risk, Methodology, IT and Strats, and other Infrastructure partners including Valuations, Business Finance, and Credit Risk Management.
- Provide analytical support to Market Risk Managers (MRMs) to facilitate risk management / business decisions; this includes performing ad hoc "What-if" impact analysis on statistical models (e.g. VaR/EC/dEVE/dNII) of new trades, presenting and explaining results to Market Risk Managers and Treasury/Front Office traders
- Contribute to regulatory or internal projects or programmes to increase Front to Back efficiency, improve controls, or satisfy regulatory requirements such as IRRBB
- Manage the development and automation of analysis reports for summarizing and presenting statistical results to facilitate robust risk management practices; this includes assisting in maintaining and enhancing the python library for analytics and reporting.
- Coordinate the identification and resolution of data quality and inconsistency issues in collaboration with other MRAC teams, and suggest process improvements to highlight and remediate them quickly
- Represent MRAC on group wide internal working groups, committee's, auditors and projects/forums
Your skills and experiences
- Transfer of specialist know-how to team members
- Functional/Disciplinary leadership of a number of employees
- Succession planning & talent management
- Ensuring quality assurance
- Carrying out escalations
Education and Experience:
- Multiple years of experience in a financial markets role preferably in market risk management
- Extensive experience in managing large scale projects and functional and/or disciplinary management of employees/teams
- University degree (Master, PhD) in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or comparable
- International financial markets, derivatives and market risk
- Extensive analytical skills including a proficiency with statistics, financial mathematics and derivative pricing
- Excellent knowledge of key risk measures (e.g. duration, PV01, VaR, EC) & models across asset classes models
- Functional, technical and regulatory requirements for the market risk management function
- Handling and mitigating methodological or process weaknesses identified by regulators, auditors and internal model validation team
- Programming skills including proficiency in Excel, VBA
- Ability to lead, manage and influence stakeholders/teams across different functions
- Take essential complex decisions on the basis of information made available
- Excellent writing and communication skills (English); Good German skills are highly preferable
- Ability to work independently and flexibly within intra or inter-departmental groups
- Continuous advancement of own skills and knowledge
- Can-Do attitude
- Able to cope well under pressure and tight deadlines
What we will offer you:
Please note that this may vary slightly from location to location.
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Mihriban Solak.
Contact: Mihriban Solak, Phone: +49(69)910-45956
Unsere Werte bestimmen das Arbeitsumfeld, welches wir schaffen möchten - vielfältig, wertschätzend und offen für verschiedene Meinungen. Nur eine Unternehmenskultur, die eine Vielzahl von Perspektiven, sowie kulturellen und gesellschaftlichen Hintergründen vereint, fördert Innovation. Wir setzten auf vielfältige Teams, in welchen die Menschen ihr volles Potential entfalten können - denn das Zusammenführen verschiedener Talente und Ideen spielt eine entscheidende Rolle für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Deutschen Bank.
Unsere Unternehmenskultur setzt hohe ethische Standards und fördert ein gutes Miteinander. Unabhängig von kulturellem Hintergrund, Nationalität, ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, geschlechtlicher und sexueller Identität, körperlichen Fähigkeiten, Religion und Generation freuen wir uns über Bewerbungen talentierter Menschen.
Sprechen Sie uns an: Wir bieten flexible Arbeitszeitmodelle und weitere Zusatzleistungen, um Sie in Ihrem Berufsleben zu unterstützen.
Klicken Sie hier für weitere Informationen zu Vielfalt und Teilhabe in der Deutschen Bank.