Deutsche Bank (DB) benefits from having a highly experienced and dedicated Anti Financial Crime (AFC) function, which performs a crucial role in keeping DBs business operations and global financial services clean from financial crime while serving the interests of the bank and society.
In order to combat financial crime effectively and respond to challenges in a flexible manner, AFC has a matrix structure combining regional, business line and global functional coverage in our core areas of Anti-Money Laundering , Sanctions & Embargoes , Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption , Investigations & Intelligence , Monitoring & Screening, and Risk Assessment . Part of our commitment is to strengthen a strong collaboration with all business lines and support functions within our bank. What AFC will do for you
AFC helps Deutsche Bank generate long-term trust and add value for our clients, staff and society and provide challenging opportunities for you to learn, contribute and benefit from your journey with us. We foster an open and inclusive team culture with the aim to build and maintain a healthy, engaged and well-supported diverse workforce that is equipped to do their best and enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace, whilst applying the highest standards of conduct to guarantee DB's success in fighting financial crime. About the team and the position - Anti-Financial Crime
Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) is responsible for the prevention of money laundering, the fight against terrorist financing, the monitoring of financial and commercial sanctions, and the fight against other criminal activities.
AFC's goal is to identify risks resulting from financial crimes that could jeopardize Deutsche Bank's integrity and thus its success, to prevent these risks as effectively as possible, or, if they do occur, to investigate and clear them up appropriately in the interest of all parties involved.
AFC Modelling (AFCM) is responsible for managing the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing prevention models used in Transaction Monitoring over the entire life cycle of the model. The Analytics Manager in Tuning & Optimization T&O leads and develops a team of Analysts to assure the regular verification and optimization of the Transaction Monitoring models used by the bank to detect potential suspicious activities. Your responsibilities
In the role as Head of Tuning & Optimization you are managing and developing the T&O function for the Germany and EMEA regions leading and developing the T&O team of ~25 internal and external analysts. Your responsibilities include:
Your competencies and experiences
- Regular tuning and optimization of the existing transaction monitoring models according to AFCM T&O processes
- Actively support and drive the future state development of the T&O function. Continuously develop the T&O processes, define further automation and reporting strategies
- Supervision on quantitative and qualitative model evaluation, data quality, analytical assessment of the customer base assuring appropriate specific segments, apply statistical analyses to determine model parameters, test procedures (e.g., ATL/BTL), application of appropriate measures for alert risk scoring
- Leading the ongoing evaluation and quantitative analysis of the impact of T&O measures on the models, ensuring the quality, completeness and integrity of the T&O activities and their complete documentation
- Supervision and development of assigned (Lead) Analytics Analysts within the T&O function
- Proactive establishing and maintaining partnerships with AFCM teams and management and global AFC and Business functions as well as proactive collaboration with risk and audit partners to ensure continuous review and transparency around all measures
- Pro-actively promotes, fosters and supports the team and bank in creating a strong risk culture to fight against Financial Crime
- You gained a Master's degree in mathematics, economics, computer science, data science, information management or statistics, or a comparable qualification
- You have profound experience in anti-financial crime, compliance, risk, or quality assurance in the areas of financial services, banking, or a regulatory environment (Financial Crime relevant certification e.g., ACAMS preferable) and gathered deep knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems (Mantas/ Smaragd (or other comparable)), and in the area of regular Tuning and Optimization of Transaction Monitoring Models
- Your experience in analytics and data mining dealing with "big data" as well as statistical analysis (e.g., Python, Spark, SAS, SQL, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.) allows you to deliver high-quality results in a timely manner in a fast-paced regulatory environment
- Your ability to articulate findings in a concise, relevant, accurate and digestible manner for varying audiences (Excellent oral and written English skills; German desirable) is supported by your strong skills in using Microsoft Office
- You are a results-oriented team player showing a high level of personal integrity and have extensive experience in leading, motivating and developing a team
We offer flexible working hours in an international highly interesting and dynamic environment. What we will offer you:
As the benefits may vary marginally from location to location, it is advisable to use the link to our career page:
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Katharina Kurka.
Contact Katharina Kurka : +49 (69) 9104 - 1402
Unsere Werte bestimmen das Arbeitsumfeld, welches wir schaffen möchten - vielfältig, wertschätzend und offen für verschiedene Meinungen. Nur eine Unternehmenskultur, die eine Vielzahl von Perspektiven, sowie kulturellen und gesellschaftlichen Hintergründen vereint, fördert Innovation. Wir setzten auf vielfältige Teams, in welchen die Menschen ihr volles Potential entfalten können - denn das Zusammenführen verschiedener Talente und Ideen spielt eine entscheidende Rolle für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Deutschen Bank.
Unsere Unternehmenskultur setzt hohe ethische Standards und fördert ein gutes Miteinander. Unabhängig von kulturellem Hintergrund, Nationalität, ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, geschlechtlicher und sexueller Identität, körperlichen Fähigkeiten, Religion und Generation freuen wir uns über Bewerbungen talentierter Menschen.
Sprechen Sie uns an: Wir bieten flexible Arbeitszeitmodelle und weitere Zusatzleistungen, um Sie in Ihrem Berufsleben zu unterstützen.
Klicken Sie hier für weitere Informationen zu Vielfalt und Teilhabe in der Deutschen Bank.