Partner, US/EU Venture Capital Fund, Berlin, Germany or Eastern Europe
We're working with an international VC with a ten-year plus investment track record and a top quartile IRR return.
From its offices in Silicon Valley and Berlin (plus Venture Partners in Eastern Europe), it invests in high-growth sectors such as SaaS, artificial intelligence and blockchain applications, data engineering, cybersecurity, edge computing, networking architecture and infrastructure.
The fund operates a 'bridge' model - helping start-ups expand across the Atlantic in addition to connecting them with top engineering talent in CEE. This strategy has been highly successful across the first two funds, and they are on the road fundraising again and are about to hit their hard cap for Fund III - given this they are seeking to add a high calibre new Partner to their team to be based either in Berlin or in Eastern Europe.
They have high deal momentum, having already made five investments from Fund III - as such Fund IV is likely to be raised within the next two years or so.
This is a key hire and there is significant growth potential with promotion to a key-person and General Partner in future funds - as such they are only looking to meet high-potential people with strong entrepreneurial instincts and a track record of success. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead key parts of the transaction process, including originating investment opportunities through your own network
- Manage the entire lifecycle of investments and take board positions within portfolio companies to aid their strategic growth
- Prepare written investment recommendations and perform extensive evaluation and due diligence to assess the strength of potential targets
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the themes that are fundamental to the fund's investment thesis
- Successful entrepreneur with a track record of building company value and a strong understanding of scaling high-growth businesses
- Strong networker and able to build relationships with founders and engineering talent
- Ideally a long-standing network across CEE, alongside the rest of Europe
- Clear track record of leadership, with demonstrable passion for technology and early-stage investing