Position Overview Role description
The Group Strategic Analytics (GSA) concentrates the Bank's quantitative and modelling expertise within a single unit. With group-wide responsibility for model development, Strats - who work in the GSA - take a cross-business and cross-functional approach to solving quantitative challenges.
You will be part of a four member Strats sub-team in the GSA, focusing on retirement products and work closely with structuring and trading, delivering quantitative products for the bank's institutional clients (asset managers, life insurance, pension funds, etc.) operating globally. This is a well-established team in the bank, with over 10 years of experience. The team is spanned across London and Berlin, but very closely integrated and operating in a particularly flat structure. They are front-office quantitative developers, and communicate directly with the bank's clients and business, participating in the design of the algorithmic strategies that they deliver. While focusing on quantitative aspects, they share interest in financial markets.
Together with the team you will work on a full life cycle of an algorithmic investment product: from tailoring it to a client with the Structuring, through design of the underlying programming code and its implementation until the release with the Strats, to the risk analysis with the Trading. Thanks to its versatility, this is an interesting and complex role that we see as a long-term commitment from both sides. With your initial duties focusing on back-end code development, you will be expected - with your growing experience - to take the responsibility of a full product owner.
This role is best suited for you if you are highly analytical, structured and you think independently with strong problem-solving skills and attention to details. It is essential that you communicate intelligibly and have the ability to explain mathematical concepts and results to non-technical stakeholders in layman's terms. You will thrive in this role if you are a strong team player, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to work across locations, and to liaise effectively at all levels of business. We expect you to be curious to broaden your programming, quantitative and financial knowledge, and wish you have an interest in current political, economic and social affairs.
The technical stack on which you will be operating day to day includes Linux, Matlab, Java, Python, SQL. Your key responsibilities
Your skills and experiences
- Work in a cross-functional agile team on the full stack of a system governing algorithmic investment strategies
- Actively seek to build your understanding of the financial markets
- Extensively communicate with internal (Structuring, Trading, Strats) and external (bank's institutional clients) stakeholders
- Prototype and analyze business, and functional requirements for newly developed strategies
- Write programming code implementing the underlying strategy's algorithm
- Bring the automated algorithm to production, and support it with improvements throughout its lifetime
What we will offer you
- Masters or PhD degree in mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science.
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms and design patterns). Excellent programming skills and experience in a modern object-oriented programming language: python (preferably) or Java/C++; Matlab is particularly beneficial. Experience with relational databases and SQL. Hands-on experience with Linux, shell scripting is a plus.
- Well-founded experience in back-end development in a managed codebase. Basic knowledge of front-end development is a plus. Knowledge of standard development tools (such as Perforce, Git, Jira) beneficial.
- Experience dealing with an existing codebase. Hands-on experience working with large-scale commercial systems and modern continuous integration techniques is a plus.
- Quantitative finance knowledge or econometric modelling experience are an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are a plus.
- Hybrid working arrangements with the opportunity to work in the office and remotely from home
- Competitive salary
- 30 days' holiday
- More at: https://careers.db.com/explore-the-bank/working-environment/benefits-wellbeing/index?language_id=1
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Mihriban Solak.
Contact: Mihriban Solak (+49 (69) 910-45956)
Unsere Werte bestimmen das Arbeitsumfeld, welches wir schaffen möchten - vielfältig, wertschätzend und offen für verschiedene Meinungen. Nur eine Unternehmenskultur, die eine Vielzahl von Perspektiven, sowie kulturellen und gesellschaftlichen Hintergründen vereint, fördert Innovation. Wir setzten auf vielfältige Teams, in welchen die Menschen ihr volles Potential entfalten können - denn das Zusammenführen verschiedener Talente und Ideen spielt eine entscheidende Rolle für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Deutschen Bank.
Unsere Unternehmenskultur setzt hohe ethische Standards und fördert ein gutes Miteinander. Unabhängig von kulturellem Hintergrund, Nationalität, ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, geschlechtlicher und sexueller Identität, körperlichen Fähigkeiten, Religion und Generation freuen wir uns über Bewerbungen talentierter Menschen.
Sprechen Sie uns an: Wir bieten flexible Arbeitszeitmodelle und weitere Zusatzleistungen, um Sie in Ihrem Berufsleben zu unterstützen.
Klicken Sie hier für weitere Informationen zu Vielfalt und Teilhabe in der Deutschen Bank.