As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Bonn/Germany, we are looking for an
PROJECT MANAGER (M/F/D) „STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE GLOBAL CROP DIVERSITY TRUST“
Field of activity:
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is an international organization based in Bonn, Germany and is part of the German-supported international architecture for the protection of biodiversity. Its mission is to ensure the conservation and availability of crop diversity for food security worldwide. For further information about the Global Crop Diversity Trust, consult the web page at http://croptrust.org. This strategic development of the Global Crop Diversity Trust is financed by the special initiative of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) „OneWorld without Hunger“ and aims to anchor the work of the Global Crop Diversity Trust more broadly through new networks and thus to attract new and innovative funding in the long term, especially from the private sector and civil society.
The Project Manager will be responsible for reporting, monitoring and managing project activities and be in close contact with counterparts in BMZ, ensuring the high BMZ standards, including on M&E and reporting are fully met throughout the project period of three years. The Project Manager will contribute to the Project objective by exploring a variety of potentially suitable and innovative financing mechanisms for the Crop Trust to meet its funding requirements going forward while continuously adjusting the approach and implementation mechanisms to emerging opportunities, taking into consideration latest trends and lessons learnt. As a GIZ employee, the Project Manager will be formally reporting to GIZ. Seconded to the Crop Trust he/she cooperates closely with the Director of External Affairs and the Director of Finance.
- Overall project management incl. budget management, reporting, monitoring and evaluation; Managing and coordination of the assignments of experts and consultants
- Preparation and implementation of financing contracts
- Contribute to the development of an overall financing strategy including the exploration of future innovative financial instruments (such as bonds, concessional loans, the investment sharing facility, crowd funding and value-chain based funding opportunities) as well as the preparation and analysis of cashflow forecast scenarios for sources of income and expenditure
- Explore funding models examining the feasibility, reputational and financial risks, technical implmentation details of innovative finance mechanisms, taking into account insights generated through specialized expert consultants
- Accompany organizational development processes
- Contribute to the development of project proposals
- Continuously develop and assist the organization in implementing corporate strategic partnership relations and alliances with non-governmental organizations, financial institutions, civil society and the private sector
- Completed studies in the field of finance & investment or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in international cooperation with multicultural teams Previous hands-on private sector work experience with fundraising and resource mobilization as well as innovative financing models and public-private partnerships in the financial or foundation sector
- Excellent financial literacy, including a detailed understanding of financial information, such as financial statements, company accounts and examining and interpreting data from different sources and understanding the impact this will have for investment decision making Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with the investment community, including asset managers, fixed income investors and Development Finance Institutions (DFI’s)
- A strong team player with a high degree of flexibility and commitment, excellent networking, moderation and communication skills
- Understanding of agricultural value chains
- Proficiency in English and German; additional foreign language skills are an advantage
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 02/17/2021.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=53430
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V5497.