- Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Wells Fargo
- 18 Feb 19
Main function of the job: Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
CDF provides inventory and receivables financing solutions, service and intelligence through in-depth industry expertise and an intimate understanding of the customer’s needs and objectives. Our CDF teams operate from 10 hubs globally and partner with manufacturers, distributors and dealers from various industries to help them enhance their liquidity, improve their sales performance and drive growth.
The role is responsible for the underwriting of new and existing floorplan lending transactions of a dedicated portfolio of small and medium sized dealers in the multiproduct segment. The customer base is predominantly located in France.
The Underwriter will have their own delegated lending authority and will be required to make written recommendations to management for those deals above their own lending authority.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Assessing credit risk profile of SME transactions and approving or recommending those transactions are an appropriate investment decision for Wells in compliance with CDF strike zone. This will include new transactions, line increase requests as well as the annual review of existing transactions.
- Working collaboratively with the EMEA Commercial and credit risk teams to ensure timely and effective analysis and decision making.
- Reviewing and analysing financial and non-financial information in collaboration with all stakeholders and ensure the completion of credit pitch documents to a high standard to achieve right/first time approvals.
- Providing analysis and deal structuring support on larger &/or more complex deal exposures where applicable.
- Support communication/negotiation with Credit Insurance companies on potential coverage requirements for unsecured transactions.
- Actively supporting cross-functional teams in maintaining wing-to-wing dealer transaction cycle time within agreed timeframe
- Ensuring the risk rating process for all dealer transactions is carried out in line with WFCF Policy and relevant EMEA CDF procedures.
- The Credit Analyst at all times should operate in compliance with CDFs risk appetite and at all times dealer transactions should be compliant with the Vendor programs to which they relate.
- Adherence to Credit Risk Policies and Procedures in executing on above responsibilities including strict adherence to delegated investment authorities.
- Responsible for ensuring all approval conditions are satisfied, finance and other legal documents are appropriately executed and a closing memo is prepared confirming the transaction is eligible for funding.
- Providing training / underwriting expertise, where required.
- Participation in customer meetings, where required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Proven Risk Management / Underwriting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels, ensuring all communications (verbal & written) are of the highest standard: professional, appropriate & proactive at all times.
- Exhibits inclusive behaviour, team work orientated and ability to engage with remote stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge and implement value added improvements.
- Strong problem solving/decision making skills.
- Willingness/readiness for continued professional development and personal growth
- Microsoft products – excel, word, power point, outlook
- Ability to work within the framework of company policies e.g. data protection, compliance etc. at all times
- Fluency in German and English required; good command of the French language
- Trained banking professional (Bankkaufmann /-frau)
- University Education in related field.
- Background in Factoring.