COMPANY BACKGROUND- ABOUT HANIEL
Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH is one of Europe's leading purpose-driven investors with a net asset value of EUR 5.4 billion per end of 2021. We manage our portfolio of independent companies with the goal to create value for generations. In order to do so, Haniel aligns its portfolio around the three pillars “People. Planet. Progress.” strictly "enkelfähig,” i.e.: along clear sustainability and performance criteria. Currently, the Haniel portfolio comprises eight investments: BauWatch, BekaertDeslee, CWS, Emma – The Sleep Company, das kinderzimmer, Optimar, ROVEMA and TAKKT. In addition, Haniel manages a financial stake in CECONOMY and minority stakes in young, high-growth companies (Venture Capital).
n 2021, the Haniel Group employed 20,700 people and generated sales of EUR 3.7 billion. The company is 100 percent family-owned and has been based in Duisburg – near Dusseldorf - since its foundation in 1756. The investment team is responsible for and manages all direct investment activities (incl. venture capital investments) and the portfolio companies throughout their lifecycle from acquisition to exit. In 2021, we acquired two new core portfolio companies, BauWatch and KMK Kinderzimmer, and carried out 11 bolt-on acquisitions. In addition, we exited ELG to Aperam.
Further additions to the portfolio are planned in 2022, for which we have funds in excess of €1 billion available. Are you looking for an new position as with exciting challenges, in which your entrepreneurial mindset, analytical skills and commitment will be challenged and developed? Then we should meet!
We are looking for an Investment Manager (d/f/m)
WHAT YOU DO
As an investment manager you are part of the investment team of Haniel, which currently consists of 18 investment professionals and is led by 3 investment partners.
- Involvement in the whole deal cycle from deal origination and M&A execution to portfolio management
- Identification, analysis and valuation of potential investment fields and acquisition targets
- Development of a clear investment and value creation hypothesis
- Management of M&A/due diligence processes
- Preparation of Investment Committee papers
ACTIVE PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- Support companies in their growth ambitions and in the development of a strategy and value creation plan, including bolt-on M&A
- Performance monitoring and ongoing review of value creation plan execution
- Regular interaction with entrepreneurs and the management of portfolio companies
- Day-do-day interaction with the investment team and Haniel´s senior management
- Close collaboration with value accelerating experts (operational excellence, digital, sustainability, talent) within the Haniel Group
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-3 years of experience within private equity, transaction services (big4), consulting, or investment banking / M&A advisory
- Demonstrated business acumen: ability to develop a holistic understanding of business models, business plans, value creation opportunities and operational and financial drivers of companies
- Depending on background, solid corporate finance / valuation toolkit and/or [commercial / operational / consulting skills]
- Familiar with M&A processes, i.., buy- and sell-side execution
- Experience in commercial and operational excellence realization is a plus (e.g., pricing, procurement, organizational effectiveness, working capital reduction)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to “win hearts and mind” of management teams and other stakeholders
- Combines high impact with a high sense of urgency; energetic, intrinsically motivated, and can-do person with the right amount of confidence and edge to constructively challenge management teams
- Pragmatic approach when translating ideas into actions, taking accountability for results and influences with sound judgement and credibility
- Academic degree combined with initial knowledge in the areas of finance and strategy
- High IT proficiency, including Microsoft Office product suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and preferably German
- Challenging and diverse tasks
- High degree of autonomy, ownership, and freedom to act
- Hybrid work model
- Exposure to senior stakeholders and flat hierarchies
- Fast track career opportunities including opportunities to rotate into our portfolio companies on a temporary and/or permanent basis
- Open, friendly, and fun team environment
- Fair compensation and participation in firm´s success
- Strong culture and company values, embodying mission (“Building sustainable businesses for a future worth living”)
Then we look forward to receiving your meaningful online application via the apply-button.
If you have further questions, you are welcome to contact us.