RWE Supply & Trading GmbH, Essen, Germany (DE), or London, United Kingdom (GB)
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
170 traders in the energy business, 290 experts on Europe’s largest energy trading floor and 1,100 additional professionals. Join RWE Supply & Trading and shape the future of the trading business to make energy clean, reliable and affordable.
Your future plans
We are looking for a new and committed team member to work within Structured Origination, specifically to support the direct market access (DMA) business. The DMA business enables energy market participants to trade gas and power in RWE Supply & Trading GmbH name in the market place.
- Assist the DMA team in all aspects of developing and managing the fast-growing DMA business
- Develop excellent professional relationships with both existing and prospective DMA clients, often within the utility, energy, trading and banking industries, as well as internally within the RWE Group, in order to develop interfaces as efficiently and as effectively as possible
- Develop and maintain knowledge in core markets and an understanding of structured products in order to identify value-adding and risk-reducing opportunities
- Develop legal and compliance expertise in order to develop client solutions that are contractually sound and binding and compliant with applicable law
Your powerful skills
- Holder of a university degree in a relevant discipline
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills in order to, for example, model commercial opportunities competently and accurately in applications such as Excel
- An eye for detail and an aptitude for understanding IT logic in order to help troubleshoot and resolve electronic trading interface issues before losses are incurred (coding expertise is not required)
- Fluency in English and ability to write in English at a highly advanced level in order to:
- Read and quickly learn to understand the suite of bespoke and standard legal agreements used for the DMA business
- Help turn commercial concepts into new legal provisions and assist colleagues with negotiating agreements with external counterparties
- High level of self-motivation and ability to take the initiative
- Extremely high organisational capabilities in order to help manage the multiple projects running concurrently to tight deadlines at any one time within the DMA business
- An entrepreneurial mindset combined with a common-sense and practical outlook
Advantageous, but not a must
An understanding of the basics of credit risk calculations and the options for mitigating these in standard agreements
Benefits you can rely on
- flexible working times
- career promotion
- human resources development
- staff events
- Promoting diversity
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 37887
Any questions? Lisa Beyer (Recruiting), T: +49 152 57902517, Mathias Niemann (specialist department), T: +49 201 5179-1180
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Xing, too.