2021, EMEA Markets and Securities Services, FX Algorithmic Trading, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our internship equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on our team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi is looking for interns to join the electronic FX Trading team in Frankfurt in 2020.
For our clients, we do everything to support their investment ideas and provide them with attractive products. For this we are combining cutting edge technology with the latest advances in mathematical modelling and data science. The daily work ranges from using statistical/machine learning methods to analyse markets and client trading patterns to the implementation of new algorithms to advance our trading operation. Our Internship Program is a highly competitive and selective program that gives you the opportunity to actively participate in one of the world's largest currency trading desks to service Citi's retail and professional client base. In addition, as a Citi Markets Analyst, you will be given the opportunity to experience the fast-paced environment of a trading floor and to gain a deep market understanding. Your time here will look something like this...
• Apply your machine learning skills as well as you mathematical/statistical modelling skills to help us to better understand what drives the markets and our performance
• Spend time learning and building your knowledge on how to make prices, manage risk and execute trades in a high frequency trading environment where every milliseconds matters
• Build and utilize your knowledge on analysing vast real time databases We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. During the four to six month Placement Program (with any possible start date) you will be supporting the eFX trading team in Frankfurt. Successful interns may be considered for a full time position. We want to hear from you if...
• You are currently studying for a PhD in a technical subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, Engineering, etc.). Master students with an excellent previous degree will also be considered
• Have had some first coding experience (preferably Java and/or Python, but any coding experience will be welcome)
• You are fluent in English (and preferably German)
• You are looking for an internship starting in the first/second quarter of 2021 (please indicate your preferred starting date in your cover letter)
• You have an interest in the markets business Who we think will be a great fit...
You are interested in sales and trading, and you're determined to succeed in the field. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
• Desire to develop a deep understanding of the industry
• Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
• Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
• Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making