AWS DevOps Engineer (d/f/m)
Locations: Nation-wide (Hamburg/Duisburg/Cologne/Frankfurt/Munich)
About the Team / Business Unit
AWS Cloud Delivery team within Cognizant works with enterprises to build robust and secure digital platforms on AWS Cloud, enabling them to accelerate innovation, improve customer satisfaction, scale business services, increase agility and be future ready. Being a leader and a premier AWS partner, we combine our system integration capabilities, accelerators, frameworks, and toolkits, along with advisory, implementation, and managed services, with AWS's cloud computing technology and services to create a pathway of endless possibilities for the clients. About You:
As an AWS DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing automation themes to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. You will be working with AWS Architects from Cognizant and their Clients to deliver complex and enterprise-level initiatives. This role is a technical one and involves deep understanding on AWS services and solutions. The candidate must possess AWS DevOps Engineer certification and have a relevant degree along with certain skills, including:
- Technical literacy : A high level of technical literacy that allows figuring out how a solution fits with the current structure of the organization. Also need to work with the Architecture fraternity to understand the solution designs
- Analytical assessment : The Candidate is required to examine the existing systems and application on On-premises, which involves extreme analysis. They also need to analyse and determine the overall scope and requirements of the project
- Managing schedule : Right time management skills are required for determining milestones and schedules for development and ensuring timely completion of deliverables
- Communication skills : Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required since the role involves communication with clients, external vendors and team members
- Solving problems : Strong problem-solving skills for changing directions quickly as per the updated limitations or specifications.
Your Key Result Areas:
Required Skills: Must Haves
- Automate solutions for repeatable tasks using IaC (CloudFormation/Terraform) methodology and DevOps (AWS DevOps tools/ Third party) toolsets
- Create Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines
- Develop test plan and test scripts to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration
- Support the Solution Architects with Low Level Designs.
Nice to Have/ Your chance to grow
- Multiple years of relevant IT experience focusing on AWS services?
- Knowledge in DevOps on AWS Cloud with strong experience in development and automation of Infrastructure
- Ability to outline detailed project plan on Infrastructure automation, DevOps scripting and Cloud Configuration management
- Experience in working on Agile Scrum environments with a positive mind-set
- Drive decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- AWS DevOps Engineer Certification
- German language proficiency Level B2 or equivalent
- Experience working with scripting languages like Python, Bash.
- Working knowledge on automation tool like Chef/Puppet.
- Experience with CI tool like Jenkins, GitLab etc