The Role / Responsibilities
We have an opportunity for an Analyst in CFG (Corporate Finance Group) to manage a portfolio of predominantly "speculative grade issuers (high-yield bond and leveraged loan issuers)" based in Europe, mainly in the wider manufacturing sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing insightful credit analysis, ensuring ratings accuracy and responding to investor inquiries. This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of the assigned companies and sectors and writing thought-leading research. As part of the rating process you will manage effective interaction with investors and issuers alike.
• Perform and present at committees in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis on issuers in a portfolio of corporate entities
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned sector and take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high quality research impact
• Build and maintain high quality relationships with the Senior Management at some of our rated companies
• Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit issues affecting some of our rated companies, including periodic credit opinion reports, in-depth reports on rated companies and sectors, special comments and short articles on current credit topics
• Develop Moody's franchise through intermediary visibility initiatives (e.g. investor one on one discussions, conference participation, media interviews)
• Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures, regulations and best practices
Relevant credit/risk assessment experience including financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques gained from a financial institution or audit firm
(Typically a Moody's employee working at this level would have between 6 and 9 years of relevant experience)
• Strong knowledge and experience of corporate investment grade and high yield debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers
• Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
• Strong understanding of loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such
• Strong quantitative aptitude including a robust understanding of accounting standards and proven analytical skills
• Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc in relevant areas
• CIMA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
• Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
• Prior experience or solid knowledge in/of the manufacturing sector would be beneficial
• Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of German would be beneficial.
• Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.