JobDescription : Lead Analyst - Financial Institutions - Director - S&P Global Ratings
Grade 13 (for internal purposes)
We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Financial Institutions Ratings team in Frankfurt for the position of Director and Lead Analyst. The Role:
• You will establish yourself as analytical leader with a focus on German speaking Europe. Depending on analytical background and language skills, other regional focus areas could be an additional opportunity.
• Under your analytical leadership, you will establish stringent processes to deliver ratings to the markets in line with client expectations, internal processes and regulation.
• You are responsible for the ongoing further development of staff on your team, to achieve goals by enhancing your skills within the team and the broader practice.
• You champion ownership and application of business controls and regular risk self-assessments working in partnership with other Lead Analysts and your manager.
• You are comfortable working and interacting with external senior officials, representing S&P Global Ratings in a professional manner.
• An active participant and spokesperson with the media and investors, presenting at press conferences and developing effective relationships with issuers, intermediaries, and investors.
• You will act as a primary analyst on up to 50% of the practices' view of a standard portfolio for an analyst,
• You have a leadership presence and foster collaboration using highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and you provide leadership to make things happen, creating accountability for execution.
• You will be able to co-ordinate work across a number of teams within S&P in an environment that stimulates continuous improvement and innovation with the highest customer service standards, whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures.
• You typically work/contribute significantly to (or may lead) analytical projects as needed and required - including Criteria, research, thought leadership pieces (under the direction of Sector Lead and others) and global projects (GIFTs/LIFTs, etc.). The Impact:
• Ratings: You assume analytic oversight responsibility for a broad portfolio of credits, ensuring a consistently high level of analytical quality.
• People: You review and provide constructive analytical feedback on analysis and publishing performed by analysts to further lift the quality of publications.
• Issuers: You will manage the analytic relationship with issuers in your team's portfolio to foster the analytical leadership in the market.
• External: In coordination with the Sector Lead and Analytical Manager you will communicate our thought leadership and credit stories via appropriate channels (e.g. publications, speeches, conference presentations, media interviews, social media etc.). The Career Opportunity:
• You will have the opportunity to further develop into an industry expert by working in a highly dynamic environment. At the same time, you will be able to invest into your project management and people coaching / mentoring skills. The Team / The Business:
• As part of the Lead Analyst role you will join a highly experienced, skilled, diverse, and international team mainly based in Frankfurt and Stockholm as one of the three Lead Analysts.
• The team is part of the EMEA Sovereign and Financial Services Group, which performs surveillance on all EMEA based Sovereign, International Public Finance, Insurance and Financial Institutions ratings. Requirements:
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and German are essential. Fluency in other European languages will be an advantage.
• Degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
• Demonstrable 7-10 years of expertise in financial institutions analysis.
• Numerate and accurate with figures and detail-orientated, with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with potentially tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills, execution mind-set, and ability to delegate effectively.
• Collaborative, execution-focused leadership skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to represent S&P as an analytical spokesperson.
• Willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
• Computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Our hiring manager says:
• "Developing staff analytically in banking is changing materially with tech disruption, new competitors and more global banking markets. The Lead Analyst position offers a great opportunity to showcase being a role model in analytics while being open to learn about new areas every day. With analytical responsibility for a region you will be able to both develop yourself and a team - a really attractive opportunity in my team" (Markus Schmaus, Analytical Manager)