Associate - 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Associate - 12 Months Fixed Term Contract - Sovereign and International Public Finance Ratings, Frankfurt Grade 11 (for internal purposes)
We are looking for a motivated individual with an analytical mindset to join S&P Global's Sovereign and International Public Finance team as an Associate based in our Frankfurt office.
The role's main focus is on fundamental economic and financial analysis of local and regional governments and government related entities.
The successful candidate will assume direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of credits, lead management meetings, prepare the analysis, and present a rating recommendation to committee. He/she is also expected to make contribute to the group's outreach, research, and cross-portfolio publishing efforts, including interaction with the media, investors, and cooperation with other groups within S&P Global ratings. The position offers a diverse mix of analytical challenges, interaction with policy makers and analysts across Europe, the option to assume and drive internal projects, and opportunities to acquire and develop new skills.
A keen interest in public policy and economics would be a strong advantage. The successful candidate will possess the ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and will have a demonstrated strength at doing research and writing well-structured analytical reports. An ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information is required to maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis.
We also expect the successful candidate to be able to co-ordinate work across a number of teams within S&P Global and to be comfortable in an environment which stimulates continuous improvement and innovation and the highest customer service standards, whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures. The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, to explain our credit rating opinions both internally as well as externally, to investors and the media. Sound judgement and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information, reasoned opinions, and a rating recommendation to our credit rating committees.
Moreover, you must be comfortable working at board level and interacting with senior government officials, representing S&P Global in a professional manner. Strong written and oral communication skills in English and German are essential. Knowledge of other languages is a definite plus and will open up more opportunities for growth within the company. Requirements:
- Strong skills in comparative economic and financial analysis, interest in public policy, and in financial markets in general.
- Strong analytical mindset with proven ability to carry out economic and financial analysis in a cross-disciplinary context, and some knowledge of public sector accounting principles.
- An ability to drive cross-practice cooperation and projects in a diverse and international environment.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English and German are required.
- Five years of work experience in economic or public finance analysis, or a related field of analysis.
- Excellent writing, communication, and representation skills.
- An advanced academic degree in economics or related fields such as business administration, finance or political science.
- Willingness to travel.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259559 Posted On: