Associate - Corporates Rating Analyst
Associate - Corporates Rating Analyst (Retail, Media & Leisure) Grade 11 (for internal purposes) The Role:
We are currently seeking an experienced analyst hire to join the S&P Retail, Media and Leisure Corporate Ratings Team at the Associate level, based in Paris or in Frankfurt, and preferably speaking German. Key responsibilities will include:
- Portfolio management, credit coverage and research of a portfolio of up to 14 corporate rating credits, in the Leisure, Media and Retail sectors.
- Take responsibility for the portfolio of credit ratings as a primary analyst with minimal supervision.
- Perform comprehensive credit analysis, including detailed business assessments and financial analysis.
- Preparation of committee credit papers and financial modelling, including the ability to analyse original, non-routine complex analytical situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Actively participate in rating committees, including presenting to committees as primary analyst
- Attend and prepare for meetings with external management teams, including research and preparation of presentation materials.
- Prepare research reports including corporate issuer rating reports and sector commentaries for external market publication.
- Participate actively in S&P publishing initiatives and investor outreach activities.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Be an analytical role model for junior analysts.
The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences. Additionally, the ability to maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis through a strong understanding of credit analysis fundamentals. Moreover, you must demonstrate previous experience in effectively communicating and engagement with senior management personnel as you will be asked to represent S&P to external management teams and investors. The Team / The Business:
While the candidate would benefit from several other team members being based in the same location, as well as following the same sectors, he/she would be responsible for the surveillance of a portfolio of about 14 credits. The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment which stimulates continuous improvement and innovation, and the highest customer service standards whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures. Your Skills:
- Relevant degree qualifications in finance, economics or a related discipline, with a Master's degree an advantage.
- Prior credit analyst experience 3-4 years, preferably corporate credit analysis.
- Knowledge or experience working with and analysing corporate high yield.
- Ability to understand and analyse financing agreements and documentation.
- Strong credit analytical skills with a solid understanding of financial statements, cash flow modelling and accounting concepts.
- Well organised and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably working proficiency in German language.
- Prior experience with financial statement analysis and financial modelling.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn and make a contribution.
- Proficient with Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259515 Posted On: