- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Associate Managing Director, Credit Strategy – European Union
Standort: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland
The AMD, Credit Strategy - EU will provide thought leadership for analytics, market engagement, and coordinate cross-LOB rating actions and thematic research related to countries in the European Union. He or she will monitor macro-economic trends, develop pan-MIS viewpoints, and assist in the production of research consistent with those themes. Proactively, he or she will engage with key market participants, group credit officers and rating teams to inform MIS credit strategy in the EU27.
Other key activities include:
- Serve as an integral member of the Strategy and Research leadership team, by identifying and anticipating key macro trends and credit events
- Represent rating analytics and process to regional regulators and EU Supervisory Board
- Develop and lead MIS approach for credit event responses, including cross-rating group coordination (including parameters, strategy, playbook and dry-runs for credit event response)
- Participate in franchise credit rating committees, in concert/coordination with CSS and R&R leadership
- Develop and manage forums with regional rating group leaders and analysts to discuss the emergence of key trends
- Engage with key market participants to get insight into macro-financial issues, liquidity flows, and broad credit trends
- Proactively seek external opportunities to engage with market participants and policymakers
- Suggest and assign/author research articulating MIS' viewpoint on a range of issues, supporting the work of the Credit Strategy Research team
- The role will report to the global head of Strategy & Research and lead credit strategy thinking for their region, and will report on a dotted line to the MD-Credit Strategy for EMEA.
- The AMD will work with analysts and leaders across CSS (e.g., within the Methodology Development Group and Ratings & Process Oversight) and within the Ratings and Research teams.
- Group Credit Officers in the Ratings & Process Oversight group for the EU27 will have dotted line reporting to the AMD, Credit Strategy - EU to ensure close collaboration on analytical, ratings and research activities in the EU27.
Within MIS, the Credit Strategy & Standards ("CSS") Group is tasked with, among other things, promoting consistency and quality in credit ratings globally. Because credit ratings are issued across sectors and regions, the CSS Group also operates globally and regionally across sectors or rating groups. Within CSS, the focus of the Strategy & Research team is to establish and drive MIS' cross-sector credit strategy and research agenda.
- Significant relevant experience and deep understanding of credit trends, analysis and research (12 years or more)
- Strong academic background in Economics or Finance (Masters, CPA, or CFA preferred)
- Lateral/creative thinker and credible authority with senior influencers
- Broad knowledge of other industries
- Able to represent Moody's with policy makers, regulators, media, heads of industry and other influential bodies
- Strong intellect and levels of curiosity, with a high tolerance for complexity and a track record in idea generation
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently - proactive, flexible, diligent, with the highest ethical standards
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.