Associate, New Lower Mid-Market Fund of a Leading Large-Cap Fund, Frankfurt, Germany
One of the most highly regarded European buyout firms is launching a new lower mid-market fund and seeking to hire an Associate for its Frankfurt office. The firm has already held a successful first close on the new vehicle (yet to be announced) and is progressing well towards its final target. Several senior investors have been recruited to lead the business from offices in London and Frankfurt, and as part of the wider team build the firm wishes to recruit a top calibre German-speaking Associate.
This is a superb chance for an ambitious and bright individual to move into an investment career, joining an industry leader as part of an exciting new strategy. The role includes a comprehensive onboarding and training programme and will give you exposure to all aspects of the deal cycle, from origination to execution and portfolio value creation workstreams.
The firm seeks to hire an Associate with a long-term perspective and will provide you with excellent career development opportunities. This firm is an equal opportunities employer. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active role on deal analysis and execution, leading modelling and many of the due diligence workstreams, and supporting colleagues as deals are progressed through the internal decision-making process.
- You will also be part of the new team launching this strategy across European markets and will play a role in promoting the firm and generating deal flow for the new fund, building and developing an active network of owners, managers and advisers
- Work very closely with the senior investment professionals as well as the management of portfolio companies on creating growth
- Strong academic background with excellent grades from top universities
- Proven financial modelling skills and incisive commercial judgement with initial professional training most likely at a top investment bank or consulting firm; ideally with significant exposure to private equity transactions already.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence; humility and a Mittelstand-friendly approach, along with the ambition and drive to build a career in a fast-moving environment
- Capability of working both independently and in close team dynamics
- Native German and fluent English are essential for this role; other European languages are a plus