Audit Manager, NatWest Bank German Branch in Frankfurt am Main | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Audit Manager, NatWest Bank German Branch
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity for an Audit Manager to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You'll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- You'll make a tangible impact on our function, and advance your career
- To take on this role, you'll need to be fluent in both German and English
Our branch in Germany is fundamental to our wider bank's business strategy as it is responsible for the processing and settling of Euro payments on behalf of NatWest Group. It also provides NatWest Group with access to the TARGET2 payment system.
You'll support on the execution of the mandate of the Internal Audit function in the bank's branches in Germany, namely, National Westminster Bank German Branch and NatWest Markets Frankfurt Branch, against local laws and standards.
The skills you'll need
- Evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in the German branches
- Ensure adherence to German Audit regulatory requirements and expectations, and keep abreast of any changes
- Be responsible for continuous monitoring and risk assessment in support of German Branches assurance planning and reporting
- Work in partnership with the Head of Audit for NatWest Germany to ensure that the country audit universe is complete
- Recommend audit work to comply with local regulatory expectations and support on ensuring that these are appropriately resourced and executed utilising global resources if appropriate
We're looking for an experienced internal auditor with a strong background in Financial Services, specifically Payments, Risk and Governance. You should also have knowledge of the relevant business areas or products and related risks within a complex financial services organisation.
You'll also need:
What else you need to know
- To speak, write and read fluently in both German and English
- An understanding of the local regulatory requirements relating to the business areas or products and the Audit function
- A good understanding of risk management, the control framework, and governance processes in order to identify any control weaknesses and provide ongoing assurance
- The ability to build robust stakeholder relationships with senior business colleagues
- The ability to challenge and influence effectively on assurance matters, up to an executive level when required
CVs must be submitted in English.