CEO, Dynamic Young Family Office, Investing Across Multiple Asset Classes, near Frankfurt, Germany
Our client is a significant family office with investments spread across multiple asset classes, from listed shares, to fixed income, real estate, as well as direct and fund investments in private equity and venture capital.
The founder has established a strong team of investment professionals and a fully-developed governance structure, including an advisory board, is already in place, ensuring the new CEO can operate with genuine authority.
We are mandated to identify a new CEO for the family office who can build on the existing platform, lead the team and drive a long term value strategy for the family stakeholders. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership of the investment team, operating across various asset classes, including monitoring of existing positions, valuations and recommendation of new investment opportunities.
- Ongoing business development to extend the company's network and create new investment opportunities.
- Portfolio and liquidity management, together with compliance, IT, HR and other administrative functions
- Reporting to the Principal and Advisory Board formally and informally, as appropriate.
- A proven, senior investment professional with a strong record in at least one of listed asset management, private equity, venture capital, fixed income
- Strong interpersonal skills; a natural leader within a team, able to assume responsibility for the entire Family Office, managing people, strategy, investment decision making, and reporting
- Quickly able to win the trust of the family stakeholders. In turn, this requires a rare combination of maturity and experience, communication skills, long term strategic thinking, day to day operational leadership and an intuitive entrepreneurial spirit.
- You will be required to demonstrate gravitas, judgment, and the highest standards of professionalism
- The role will require significant travel across the DACH region and beyond to source and monitor investments, but it is important that the new CEO is able to be present in the main office close to Frankfurt for a significant part of the working week, both to manage the business and team, and to build a close, trustful relationship with the Principal. This is not a job that could be done remotely from a distant base, so requires the new CEO to live (or relocate to) within commuting distance of Frankfurt.
- Fluent German is a requirement for the role, though not necessarily as a mother tongue. Fluent English is also required.