Client Analyst - EMEA (Frankfurt)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Client Service Management contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service across the full breadth of business channels and markets covered in the EMEA region. The Client Analyst ('CA') will work closely with Client Service Managers and be accountable for coordinating client related activities within our Client Group (CG), as well as other Wellington line functions to ensure that we successfully deliver on the agreed upon operating and reporting requirements of each of our client relationships.
The Client Analyst, in conjunction with the relevant Client Service Manager, provides timely and accurate support to our clients. The analyst will work closely with members of the Client Services group, as well as many other functional areas of the firm, on a portfolio of assigned accounts. He/she will coordinate production of client/consultant reporting and presentations, respond to inquiries on a wide variety of operational and portfolio specific topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate. Client Analysts also participate in various projects and cross functional working groups related to the Client Service Management function. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely and support the Client Service Manager in the servicing of assigned client relationships.
- Conducting analysis, initiating investigations and responding to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, custodian and fund accounting queries, compliance issues, legal contracts and fees
- Co-ordination, production and timely delivery (as relevant) of standard and/or customized client and consultant presentation materials and reporting, including management of internal constituents, to ensure deadlines are met
- Collaborate with other CG professional teams, identifying internal experts to respond to client issues in a timely manner
- Opportunity to develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offering and investment processes
- Awareness of the account opening, transition management, account restructuring and account closing processes
- Act as a point of contact for various groups within client and consultant organizations
- Participation in in-house client and consultant meetings and conference calls as appropriate
- Understanding of the regulatory landscape and how it impacts the services we deliver to clients and prospects
The Client Analyst will have relevant professional experience within the investment management industry, with strong operational knowledge. Previous or direct experience supporting client relationship is viewed positively. A university degree is desirable. Sound business judgement, strong communication skills, and the ability to express oneself in both individual and group settings are a must.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Attention to detail, ability to be forensic and analytical in resolving client queries (source data, analyse data, draw conclusions)
- Strong client service ethic and mindset, prior experience of working within a client service function preferable
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated understanding of middle and back-office functions within an investment management company, as well as experience working with custodians, fund manco, fund accountants and other third party agents
- The ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Good organization skills are essential, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities against time pressures
- Proficiency in a European language / languages will be advantageous (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- A demonstrated interest and understanding of capital markets and investment strategies
Client Analyst - EMEA (Frankfurt) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .