DCS Engineer- PCS 7 (m/w/d)
Cognizant is a world leader in delivering digital transformation solutions to Life Sciences. Through our knowledge and expertise in Automation, MES & Digital, we deliver stable manufacturing systems that are optimized to improve operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining compliance.
Our specialist engineering teams have the aptitude to deliver and support Pharma 4.0 architectures and solutions covering all IT, OT and IoT applications, infrastructures and services.
Operating across 5 continents and with over 300.000 skilled employees, Cognizant partners with the leading Life Sciences companies globally to provide performance improvements, reduced costs and improve time to market. We are your single end to end partner for consultancy, design implementation, optimization and support for all applications in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing stack.
We're looking for dedicated, innovative and driven talent to join our expanding team. About the role
We are currently looking to hire an DCS Engineer (m/w/d) to join our projects team in Germany, supporting multiple projects with the world's leading Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies. Start date: 2022 Responsibilities
What experience are we looking for?
- The Automation Engineers will ensure technical alignment between the Areas in the Automation project by defining describing and communicating design and code standards and participate in design reviews model reviews etc. and to input on technical elements of the design.
- The Automation Engineers will also co-ordinate the execution of the Automation software and hardware to ensure alignment with the project schedule to enable on-site SAT's commissioning and validation of the process systems to meet the overall project schedule.
- Works closely together with the other Automation Engineers on the Cognizant Team and Client Team to ensure deliverables are commissioned in time for the different milestones throughout the duration of project.
- Works closely together with the established site Automation Engineers to ensure the defined standards are followed consistently in the project and the library modules are used as intended.
- Demonstrated capability for delivering complex Automation projects technically from initial design & development through to the validation of the facility in support of defined objectives.
- Systems platform experience of DCS Siemens PCS7 is essential.
- Capability to define and set technical direction for the Automation Team.
- Min. of 2 years' experience in the pharma environment delivering automation commissioning/start-up.
- Has a deep process understanding of production processes used like upstream downstream processes or CIP and/or has a deep knowledge of automation system architectures.
- Good communication and documentation skills are key requirements
- Language: Fluent English and German (B2 level)