Director, Sales - Germany
- Competitive - details on request
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Silicon Valley Bank UK
- 21 Mai 18 2018-05-21
As a senior member of our Relationship Management team, you will manage a wide range of client relationships. You will bring an ability to engineer complex and creative solutions to client needs. You will interact with clients, VCs, referrals and prospects independently and engage in
As a senior member of our Relationship Management team, you will manage a wide range of client relationships. You will bring an ability to engineer complex and creative solutions to client needs. You will interact with clients, VCs, referrals and prospects independently and engage in the negotiation of financing solutions for SVB clients.
Your core responsibilities and primary duties will include:
- Responsible for relationship management of a broad range of commercial bank clients and delivery of core commercial banking products and broader SVB financial services across the SVB platform.
- Originating, advising on and negotiating financing solutions for Commercial Bank clients. Actively anticipating client needs and recognizing opportunities to cross sell across the SVB platform.
- Leading strategic credit discussions with clients and partnering with credit colleagues to ensure seamless underwriting and portfolio management.
- Engaging VCs and Private Equity partners and clients to build strategic relationships with key executives and influencers in the ecosystems in which SVB operates.
- Responsible for new business development, expansion of existing relationships, and advancement of the SVB brand in market. Closes the deal and wins relationships from competitors. Highly skilled negotiator and financial engineer.
- Focus on SVB's Success Drivers and Corporate Goals through collaboration with appropriate business units and through smart risk taking.
- Helping to execute on the marketing sales plan by calling on clients, prospects, VCs and PE partners across Germany.
- Becoming an internal and external business leader. Seen as an authority on the technology, innovation and VC and PE ecosystem in Germany.
- An ability to provide insights and analysis on the German, European and global technology landscapes.
- An ability to bring across the Silicon Valley Bank value proposition.
- Ability to handle complex transactions, pricing models and warrant negotiations.
- Maintain an extensive network of business contacts, including the venture community, other community leaders and executive management of clients, prospects and referral sources.
- Ascending to take a leadership role in the business community.
- An excellent or very good masters or diploma degree, and extensive related experience
- Strong knowledge and interest of the technology and innovation ecosystem and the venture capital and private equity industries.
- Strong leadership skills, team management skills, analytical skills as well as ability to structure, synthesize and implement complex new issues efficient and effectively
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, ability to work on highly confidential and sensitive matters
- The ability to work independently and challenge effectively. An ability to work cross-culturally with other colleagues across SVB. The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others. The individual must share the following core values of SVB:
- An emphasis on achieving the organization’s goals, versus individual achievement;
- An “enterprising” approach with creative problem solving; and
- A focused and results driven mindset.
The candidate must possess a high level of energy and initiative and be capable of functioning as a collaborative partner and value-added business contributor. In style, the individual should be consultative versus directive and able to weigh options and alternatives effectively, yet equally capable of being decisive and willing to take risks where appropriate.