Our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, is an independent and unbiased source of information for everyone from C-Suite executives to traders, analysts, government officials, and news professionals. No other company processes financial data into meaningful and actionable information with the breadth and depth that we do, and it's our engineers that make that happen. Our 60+ engineers in Frankfurt are dedicated to building and advancing new solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal and enterprise products. Together, we roll out new software daily that integrates seamlessly - and immediately - into our clients' workflows.
Frankfurt is one of our growing European offices, and we're looking for strong team leaders to help us grow and develop the Engineering teams here. At Bloomberg, Team Leaders are still very hands-on, and have the opportunity to build market-shaping products along with mentoring and empowering their talented engineers. Collaboration and adapting to a constantly changing business environment will help you develop expertise of what our core product delivery entails, understand customer needs, and release products to meet those needs. As a Team Leader in Engineering, we'll trust you to:
- Inspire and motivate a high performing team to achieve great results, while supporting individual growth and development
- Lead the development of technical solutions to meet current and future business needs, taking a long term view on the team and product's future
- Create a strong team environment which is focused on delivering value and increasing our capabilities
- Develop strong partnerships across internal engineering and product teams
- Take risks: our fast-paced environment will require you to rise to different challenges and make bold decisions
- We're incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
- Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation in the financial markets.
- Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
- Since 2021 we've been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to foster team spirit and collaboration across teams.
- We're big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, our Frankfurt office holds regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
- Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you're in the office you can enjoy state of the art facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
- https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-frankfurt-engineering/ https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18011879281399528/
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
We'd love to see:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences You need to have:
- Demonstrated experience working with objected-oriented programming languages and contributing directly to projects through hands-on development
- Experience leading a team of software engineers, including people management, development, and mentorship
- The ability to foster a collaborative team environment; through driving a strong culture of teamwork and taking advantage of team diversity
- The desire to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle effectively through to resolution
- Experience working with remote teams across different locations and cultures
- An understanding and appreciation for agile development practices
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate, challenge and influence team members, peers and senior managers
- A diverse range of experience with a variety of programming languages and different tools
- Experience leading teams that interact with a variety of business stakeholders
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
We're looking for strong leaders for various teams across Engineering, and value diverse opinions and experience. Once you apply to this role, a recruiter will be in touch to discuss the different opportunities we have open and where you can use your expertise to make the most impact. In the meantime, check us out at:
http://www.techatbloomberg.com " target="_blank">https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/, and keep up to date with what we're doing here: http://www.techatbloomberg.com /