About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented and dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
You will support and report into the Managing Director, Head of Distribution, Germany, Institutional.
Acquisition of institutional mandates and sale of pooled funds and the additional product range e.g., alternative investment products to institutional clients. Client service for existing clients and initialise the take on process for new clients. Strengthen relationships with German consultants. Challenge the German branch with ideas. Role Responsibilities
- Maintain and deepen business relationships with existing institutional clients and acquire new clients across all client segments in Germany.
- Define and implement a sales plan and work towards sales targets in conjunction with the head of sales
- Provide high levels of service and support to mandated clients
- Partner closely with key functions within the firm like portfolio management, client service, legal, compliance
- Promote firm's investment capabilities both on the liquid but also on the illiquid product side (e.g. private equity, infrastructure equity, real estate). In addition, distribution of "LDI" (Liability-Driven Investments) solutions.
- Assist in covering local and international consultants
- Support in tender processes (RFPs)
- Experience and understanding of the German institutional asset management market
- Prior strong relevant asset management experience
- A proven track record in sales
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent investment, market & product knowledge
- Excellent team player
- CFA, CEFA etc. preferred
- Fluent in German and English