BlackFin is a leading private equity fund dedicated to financial services companies in Europe. As an independent company with c. 1.8bn. Euros Assets under Management (third buy-out fund closed in November 2019 at c. 1bn. EUR), BlackFin focuses on growing companies taking either majority or influential minority shareholder positions. The objective is to assist businesses through the strategic stages of their development, making investments within the range of 20 to 100 million Euros. We are looking for a motivated German speaking intern who is planning a future career in M&A, Private Equity or Strategy Consulting.
The objective will be to assist our DACH-focused investment team through different stages of the investment cycle (acquisitions, portfolio company monitoring, and divestments).
Full project involvement throughout the whole investment cycle:
- Search for acquisition targets
- Company valuation
- Financial modelling/engineering
- Financial analysis
- Market research
- Operational/strategic auditing
- Assist meetings
Length and beginning of the internship:
- Duration: 6 months
- Start date: June 2021 (start in July negotiable)
- Location: BlackFin office in Frankfurt
- Compensation: Competitive Profile
- Education: Undergraduate or Master student in Finance, Economics or Engineering with an affinity for finance.
- Experience in investment banking, consulting or audit firms appreciated, good understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts.
- Fluent in German and English, French is a plus.
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel requested.