EC Mergers & Acquisitions (EC M&A) is an independent investment banking firm specializing in mergers, acquisitions, private company sales and corporate divestitures. Our transactions are typically focused in industrial technologies and life sciences, between €20 million - €500 million in transaction value, and are cross-border in nature. We have completed over 275 M&A deals across six continents. Our clients are primarily global multinational corporations, high growth privately owned companies, and financial sponsors. EC M&A has 10 offices in the USA, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit our website (www.ec-ma.com).
EC M&A offers unique, exciting and rewarding career opportunities and is seeking an experienced investment banking Senior Associate or Vice President for our Frankfurt Office. We value teamwork, passion, creativity, expertise in finance, and the ability to understand and problem solve with company leaders and business entrepreneurs. Our firm’s success is reinforced by our collaborative and team-oriented professionals. Our culture is a highly entrepreneurial one that fosters a sense of collegiality and strong work ethic. Candidates with resourceful “can do” attitudes and who enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment can thrive in our organization.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support senior colleagues in originating and managing buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions
- Develop client relationships and drive deal-related day-to-day activities. Serve as a trusted advisor for clients.
- Develop and validate financial models, presentations and pitchbook materials
- Oversee company and industry research; identify potential buyers or acquisition targets
- Drive multiple projects at once from pitch to completion, including developing marketing materials (i.e., teasers, confidential information memorandums, etc.), interfacing with clients, buyers and targets, and providing due diligence, data room and other transaction support.
- Manage and motivate analysts and interns, and quality check deliverables.
- Bachelors or equivalent with emphasis in finance/accounting
- Minimum 5 years of direct M&A experience, both buyside and sellside
- Written and oral fluency in German and English
- Ability to work independently and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail oriented, and strong work ethic
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Expertise with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience with databases such as DealCloud, Pitchbook, Orbis, Mergermarket and Hoovers
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and deal sheet for consideration. Note that candidates must have the ability to work in the EU without visa sponsorship.