Investment Professional, Expanding European Healthcare Fund, Frankfurt, Germany
A senior role with a high performing sector-focused team driving deal flow and portfolio management for the DACH region. Our client has a strong history of smaller and mid cap healthcare services deals across Europe.
They wish to hire an accomplished senior investment professional with an excellent track record in entrepreneurial private equity transactions. Previous healthcare services experience is advantageous but not essential - the main emphasis is on general private equity skills and judgement as well as the motivation and personal qualities to develop this new business and its ambitious young team in Frankfurt.
The role is expected to be on a clear development path to partnership. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead marketing efforts and the origination of new deal flow opportunities in DACH
- Manage and develop the existing team of juniors with close ongoing supervision and training
- Drive the analysis of new investments, including valuation and structuring, due diligence, negotiations and full execution, including firm-wide investment committee presentations and follow up
- Active portfolio management and value creation initiatives through to exit.
- Substantial private equity transaction experience from a well-established and regarded private equity house, ideally in the small cap or lower mid-market size range. Previous exposure to the healthcare services sector as an investor or in a corporate role is beneficial but not essential
- A strong record of originating, executing and closing small or mid cap private equity investments, combining a highly analytical mindset and approach with a flexible and entrepreneurial approach to deal making
- Excellent network in the German private equity market and a genuine interest in the healthcare services sector
- Native level German and fluent English are required
- Most importantly, the position requires a self-starter with strong communication and networking skills as well as the motivation to help grow this business into a sustainable and substantial part of the group. This is a long-term leadership role offering the right candidate the chance to develop an established franchise in a key market and to play an influential role in the future of this successful firm.