Junior Equity Research Analyst H/F
Job details Profile
Analysis/Research - Equity Research Contract
Permanent Contract Company profile
About the Exane Group
For more than 30 years, Exane's growth has been grounded on 3 fundamentals: the world of Equities, Investment and Research. Its expertise consistently wins strong recognition among clients as demonstrated in key investor surveys.
The Exane Group is specialised in 3 businesses: Cash Equities (under the brand name Exane BNP Paribas), Structured Solutions (Exane Solutions), and Asset Management (through 3 asset management companies: Exane Asset Management, Ellipsis AM and Ixios Asset Management).
Our 850 employees can now be found spread across 9 sites worldwide, with Paris and London as its main offices.
About Exane BNP Paribas
Exane BNP Paribas is a leading European equities business. We offer a high-quality execution platform with full electronic trading capability. Our Research product is renowned for its depth and quality and is reinforced by experienced, top-ranked Sales & Specialist Sales teams as well as a dedicated corporate access service.
The growth of this business creates numerous opportunities for both junior and more senior profiles. Mission description
Joining the Frankfurt-based Equity Research team, your role will be to contribute to the development of its franchise, working with experienced analysts on various tasks:
- Building and updating financial and valuation models on covered listed stocks in the German-speaking region,
- Setting up proprietary databases, industry benchmarking datasets, and valuation comparables,
- Preparing and maintaining slide decks to be used in client meetings,
- Supporting the generation of pre- and post-event commentaries on companies' results,
- Contributing to incisive reports based on in-depth research,
- Preparing and attending roadshows, 1-on-1 management meetings and corporate events,
You will have the opportunity to progressively develop your own coverage once you have acquired the requisite skills to generate compelling investment ideas, and to communicate them effectively to our internal and external clients. Profile
- Excellent academic record: Masters or post-graduate degree or German equivalent (e.g. "Diplom-Kaufmann") from a leading university or business school; all majors considered (Finance, Accounting, Business Administration preferred)
- Relevant internship experience, e.g. in sell-side or buy-side Equity Research, Corporate Finance, Management Consulting or Accounting,
- Strong passion for financial markets,
- Strong analytical bias and an inquiring mind with solid understanding of integrated P&L, balance sheet and cash flow models,
- Proficient in MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word); working knowledge of Bloomberg and Refinitiv of advantage,
- Strong work ethic combined with intellectual curiosity, creativity, and attention to detail,
- Good team player,
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English; knowledge of German would be an asset,
Exane can offer you attractive career opportunities in a creative and entrepreneurial corporate culture which rewards the contribution of every individual.
Job location Job location
Applicant criteria Languages
- English (Courant)
- German (Intermédiaire)