Converting Data into Market Trust
European DataWarehouse (EDW) is the first central data repository in Europe for collecting, validating and making available for download detailed, standardised and asset class specific loan level data (LLD) for Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) transactions. Developed, owned and operated by the market, EDW helps to facilitate risk assessment and to improve transparency standards for European ABS deals.
ARE YOU A TRAILBLAZER?
EDW’s team is made up of a diverse mixture of colleagues from around the world. We work as a team to identify and meet the needs of our clients. We strive to build trust in the market and to do so we often go the so-called "extra mile".
Our team is revered for its professional expertise and highly valued by our clients. While English is our official operating language, our international team enables is to be able to advise our clients in more than 16 languages.
Our team appreciates the unique perspectives, contributions, experiences and ideas of one another. We are all treated equally, regardless of age, gender, religion or professional experience.
At EDW all employees are able to be involved in the decision-making process and team members are encouraged to express their opinions freely. Due to the collaborative nature of the company, we are able to operate with flat hierarchies and an open-door policy.
Great Place To Work 2020
EDW is proud to announce that it has faced the judgment of its employees in the internationally proven certification process and is certified by Great Place to Work® for its experienced employer attractiveness.
The award stands for credible, fair leadership and active employee development. Respect, trust, pride, and team spirit are largely part of the corporate culture.
- Implement and manage an effective compliance program based on ESMA requirements
- First contact person for ESMA for all relevant questions
- Provide advice on different legal issues such as contractual questions as well as regulatory questions with a special focus on EU law as well as UK law
- Advise in legal matters, both in day-to-day operations as well as for projects
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports
- Coordinate and monitor measures in the area of compliance, especially as it pertains to data protection laws
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk
- Support business leaders in reviewing, structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts related to the Products & Platforms line of business, such as customer services agreements and statements of work, vendor and procurement agreements, technology licenses, reseller and partnership agreements and other matters tied to EDW’s customers, in light of internal policies, standard operating procedures and applicable laws
- Manages the referral process to specialist law firms in relation to business matters
- Work with clients to proactively identify contract risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies and compliance with company policies and strategy
- Monitor changes in relevant legal requirements and be responsible for ensuring that all departments are properly informed
- Advise different business units with implementation of data protection and IT legal requirements for new products and areas of business.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes
Your Skills, Knowledge and Interest:
- Degree with a focus on law, commercial law or a comparable course of study
- Experience of relevant legal experience in financial services
- Must have a compliance certification
- Excellent knowledge of European financial and privacy regulations is a plus
- Well versed in handling financial services issues and contract texts as well as in the preparation of recommendations for management
- Understanding of EU & UK laws and EU & UK regulations impacting the contracting of commercial IT services, especially laws regarding data privacy and protection as well as compliance risk
- Previous experience advising and mitigating on legal risks
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Native level verbal and written communication skills in English and German is mandatory
- Additional fluency in Italian, French, or Spanish is beneficial
- Good knowledge of MS-Office
- We pay above market salary and bonus according to achievement of objectives + depending on the company result
- Our Benefits are (Job Ticket or Job Bike, EUR 44.- monthly and EUR 60.- annually on your birthday or birth to the SODEXO Card.
- We have 30 days of holiday + half day off on Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
- We empower our people to work independently and we encourage for the mutual exchange of ideas and sharing of different opinions
- Our leadership style is participatory, and we lead through management by objectives.
- We have a team training every year and a certain budget is made available to the departments, which the people can call up for their respective training needs.
- Our office is very modern with height-adjustable desks, CUBE in the open-plan office for undisturbed work, fruit deliveries, water and coffee as needed.
- We celebrate two parties a year (Summer and Christmas party)
- We offer flexible working hours through flexitime and mobile working as required.
- We are proud to have a familiar and friendly working environment.
- Eligibility: We only accept applications with the eligibility to work in Europe
- Working Time: Part-time
- Place: Frankfurt (Germany)
Do you want to set up new standards with us?
Then join us and send us your complete application including your salary expectation and your possible earliest start date to the following email address:
For any further inquiries please contact Kerstin Krause at:
Telephone: +49 (0) 69 50986 9322