Do you want to be part of a talented global team? Are you instinctively entrepreneurial and ambitious in nature? If you're determined to succeed, we can help you reach your potential.
The Macquarie Insurance Facility is an aggregated insurance buying programme that was originally created to deliver portfolio benefits to Macquarie owned and managed assets. Through its scale and buying power, it has delivered savings in excess of US$215m to participating businesses. In addition to the Macquarie assets, it is now accessed by over 40 Private Equity firms and Infrastructure Funds representing 450+ portfolio companies. Together, the Macquarie assets and third-party businesses represent 450 companies and over US$1bn of premium spend, making it one of the largest buyers of insurance in the world.
Working in the EMEA Macquarie Insurance Facility team you will perform duties to optimize the usage and delivery of this function within Macquarie and to third parties. You will have regular interaction with brokers and key insurance markets and be responsible for embedding & developing relationships with portfolio companies and third-party prospects. You will ensure we are integrated into insurance placements and renewal processes and assist Macquarie deal teams with M&A insurance.
This role within the team will increase technical insurance competencies allowing greater consultative and problem-solving abilities. This will enhance our relationships with customers, grow new relationships and thereby increase revenue.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
Brokers and key insurance markets:
- oversee the asset portfolio and help manage renewal process throughout calendar year, with a specific focus on EMEA.
- utilise your existing knowledge of broker networks to help generate future opportunities.
- maintain communication with key insurance markets focusing on current deal activity and risk appetite
- be responsible for managing / delivering appropriate insurer pipelines and understand specific strengths and weaknesses of each insurer based on past performances.
- articulate our offerings and market value to brokers and insurers, asset managers, portfolio companies, third parties and colleagues.
- work closely with asset managers within Macquarie in order to understand the individual businesses with a specific focus on insurance opportunities / requirements, particularly M&A insurance products.
- track insurer agreements and have a thorough understanding of which markets can be utilized in which territory per line of business and dovetail with new business opportunities.
Portfolio companies & third-party prospects:
- meet with portfolio companies and understand their insurance requirements, the current programmes and any potential changes to the business that will affect insurances.
- create and embed a renewal process into the current culture. Achieved by visiting portfolio company / third party during the renewal cycle and matching their renewal objectives with our abilities.
- attend prospect meetings and present on our offerings
- co-ordinate and facilitate client forums, workshops and other client events.
Your prior experience within an insurance position would ideally have involved liaising with different stakeholders included within an insurance transaction. This would include, but not limited to, managing colleagues internally or other parties external to your firm. The ideal candidate will have broad and regular experience of dealing with clients and/or insurers and /or brokers. About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, renewables, natural assets, real estate, and transportation finance. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.