Manager, Compliance (Compliance / Compliance Management / Compliance Management / J2726)
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
Providing Compliance oversight to the Bank's businesses and functions SCB AG and assisting the development of a Compliance Management System to address the applicable regulatory requirements and risks of Financial Product base.
· To provide Compliance support (incl. project management) to the Head of Compliance as well as the businesses and the functions in SCB AG in developing it's Governance, Risk and Compliance Framework
· Overseeing Workstream Governance and principally, assisting the Head of Compliance with all processes and operations of the Compliance function
· Support the Head of Compliance, SCB AG and the Regional Compliance Team in matters arising within the Compliance function and project workstreams
· Assist and effectively support the Head of Compliance to provide comfort to senior management that the entity is establishing compliance with its legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements regarding its activities (incl. the businesses and functions)
· Under the direction of the Head of Compliance:
- assist in the provision of Compliance training to German staff and other countries where necessary;
- assistance in the review, drafting and implementation/ roll out of policies and procedures;
- development of relationships and regular liaison with the Risk function and business operational risk managers as well as product development teams to ensure that Compliance are aware of all material developments in setting out the Business Model and associated Cross Border Compliance activities;
- assistance in identification and the analysis of new regulatory initiatives to ensure all material matters are considered and any necessary procedures are considered, slated for implementation, including providing training to relevant staff;
- providing of relevant testing and quality assurance work as well as monitoring activities;
- proactively ensuring that relevant Compliance and procedures manuals are kept up to date;
- assisting the Head of Compliance Germany regarding Regulatory Liaison activities incl. regulatory queries and/ or investigations, audits, reviews (both, internally or externally) and in the completion or resolution of related matters.
Provide Regulatory Liaison support to the Head of Compliance.
Ensuring appropriate governance, processes and controls are in place within the Compliance function of SCB AG.
Assist the Head of Compliance with the establishment and maintenance of relevant policies, procedures, frameworks or any other governance documentation and process for SCB AG (incl. its branches) to ensure compliance with any relevant regulations.
· Conducting reviews on policies, procedures or standards.
· To develop governance, documentation and governance standards where not currently in place or insufficient
· Maintain a thorough understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements that affect SCB AG and regularly communicate those to relevant (business/ functional) stakeholders (e.g. through trainings etc.).
· In conjunction with MaRisk Compliance colleagues, compile and regularly update the Obligations Registers as well as Management Information tools (and if necessary represent Compliance in local meetings such as Risk or Management Committees).
· To contribute to, collate and where necessary prepare MI and presentation documentation
· To assist as necessary with the development, implementation and roll out of Risk Management Frameworks within the Compliance function and their validation, testing and quality assurance work.
· Together with Head of Compliance contribute to the development of the overall Risk Assessment and annual Compliance Monitoring Plan to ensure that compliance risks in Germany are appropriately captured and mitigated.
· Together with the Head of Compliance ensure that rule breaches and Compliance control weaknesses can be identified and, thereafter, subjected to appropriate remedial action.
· Identifying and measuring Compliance risks in order to be able to assess the impact and likelihood of a particular risk materializing.
· Regularly update the Compliance Manual to document the essential details of SCB AG's regulatory systems and controls to ensure staff are aware of what is expected of them from a regulatory perspective.
· Maintain the local Compliance SharePoint sites and local folders.
· To coordinate delivery to time/cost/quality as defined within the Compliance plans.
· Escalate risks, issues and concerns etc as necessary to the Head of Compliance.
· Support Head of Compliance in providing Compliance oversight of branch offices (France and Sweden) and for other countries as instructed with respect to regulatory compliance and notifications for SCB AG
· Proactively identify areas in which training is required and assist the Training Champion in preparation of a training plan, namely in relation to revised policies and procedures specific to the German regulatory environment
· Develop and deliver training in order to make staff aware of the Compliance requirements that are applicable to them (this can be done in conjunction with Regional and Global colleagues as required).
People and Talent
Able to communicate professionally and regularly with leadership and peers on status, milestones, and issues
Regulatory & Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's and SCB AG's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group and SCB AG's Code of Conduct.
· Help the Compliance Function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
SCB AG Management Board, Compliance Function Staff, Risk Function
· Compliance and Risk workstreams Project Management if and when necessary.
· Principal Project Manager with responsibility for driving delivery, monitoring progress, implementing the project management process, communication and governance.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.