Market Risk Manager Rates/FX - VP / Director Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan McKinley
- 10 Dez 18
Global investment bank seeks VP and Director level market risk managers to cover Macro business based in Frankfurt.
As part of the banks Brexit strategy they are expanding their market risk function in their Frankfurt office to cover Macro business.
As part of the Macro Market Risk Management team the role will cover the trading desks under Rates and FX asset classes.
The Risk Manager provides additional and independent information to the business to enhance decision making whilst providing a control environment which satisfies the objectives set by the regulators.
Responsible for making themselves aware of all the significant market risks in the businesses they cover and communicate the findings to Senior Risk and business management.
- Ensure that reporting for each of the business areas is performed in a timely fashion - to include VaR sign-off, sign-off of time series, regular risk reporting requirements including daily and weekly top risk reporting, weekly stress testing and interpretation of stress results
- Understand P/L drivers - be able foresee market events and their impact on associated risks within the portfolio
- Aware of upcoming events that have the capacity to drive portfolio P/L volatility, write regular commentary on the markets and trading activity
- In addition, consider those stress scenarios (existing and ad-hoc) that might impact the desk adversely
- Strong relationship skills, able to challenge and communicate cross-functionally and with senior risk management
- To Provide leadership and expertise to Market Risk team and expertise to the other functions
- Close interaction/partnership with other LoD's
- Ability to work independently and to provide guidance/support to junior staff
- High degree of ownership/responsibility
- Bachelors and/ or Masters degree in a financial or numerical discipline
- Experience of the financial services industry required, preferably in an Investment Bank
- Strong Excel and Bloomberg skills required
- Understanding of key risk and controls associated with Market risk in an investment bank
- An expert on risk metrics across interest rate and FX products
- Experience trading or risk managing Macro/FX/Credit products
- Familiarity with VaR and stress testing
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- VBA, SQL, and Reuters skills a plus
- Fixed income and FX experience preferred
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.