Prominent and market leading provider of external life insurance portfolio management with over 60 Billion euros AUM, is keen to add a mid-level Operational Risk professional to their Risk Management desk with strong quantitative skillset. The firm has recently successfully completed the acquisition of another competing Insurer in Europe. In doing so, they continue to expand in their role as a leading life insurance portfolio specialist.
This opportunity is for an Operational Risk professional who would like to work in an innovative and agile set-up. To break new ground with the innovative business model of the established insurance industry. The firm’s vision is to contribute to ensuring that life insurance remains a reliable part of private old-age provision for millions of insured persons in the future.
In terms of the culture of the organisation, it can be denoted as a friendly, cooperative working environment fostering quick and delayered decision-making mechanism within the group.
Roles and responsibilities of the Oprisk professional are listed below:
- Responsible for all tasks of the "second line of defense" in risk management,
- Conduct company-wide risk analysis
- Monitor risks, controls and damage,
- Question risks, controls and damage cases and support specialist departments in implementing solution approaches,
- Design and implement an active, constructive risk management culture,
- Support projects related to risk management and take over the management of sub-project
- Economics degree (ideally with a focus on risk management)
- 5 years of relevant professional experience, including 3 years in a risk management or risk controlling function
- Experience in risk management for CFO topics (finance / asset management)
- Expert knowledge of processes in risk management and a high level of competence in qualitative risk management, in risk reporting and in dealing with operational risks
- Very good knowledge of German, spoken and written, business fluent in English